Lee's Monaco utility build

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

denbrlr

Re: Lee's Monaco utility build

Post by denbrlr » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:45 pm

I am trying to figure out what to use for the stringers. I was going to use 16 foot douglas fir 2x6 boards but I can't find any locally that are dry enough. I am thinking about making them out of two lams of genuine mahogany 4/4 stock which are scarfed because it is hard to find 16 foot long lumber.

Skip,

Thank you for the info. I have spent a lot of time looking a lot of your posts but I didn't spend a lot of time around where you mounted your engine. I will definitely do that :)

Lee

TomB

Post by TomB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:05 pm

Lee,

My PMC engine arrived today.

The delivery pallet is 22 1/2" clear. There is a little inboard travel available. I'd say my earlier post regarding minimum/maximum spacing is correct.
IMG_0350.jpg
The engine mounts are about 3 1/4" wide and flat bottomed. The mount is tight to the raw water feed at the inner end of travel.
IMG_0357.jpg
The transmission mounts are 2 1/4" and L shaped, so they set inside the motor bed and also on the top.
IMG_0355.jpg
Tom

denbrlr

Post by denbrlr » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:23 pm

Tom,

Thank you for the info and pictures. Skip also gave me some good info about how he mounted his. It sounds like 26 inches between the stringers will work well. You might want to check out Skip's thread about the type of mounting he used. I plan to do something similar.

Lee

Return to “Power Boats”