Bill White's Sea Knight

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Smith Brother

Bill White's Sea Knight

Post by Smith Brother » Fri May 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Love the quality of workmanship that Bill White did on his Sea Knight.

I didn't see a way to send to him a personal note? Help.

Thanks,

Dale Smith
Indy
I AM ALWAYS DOING THAT WHICH I CANNOT DO, IN ORDER TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT. ~ Pablo Picasso 1881 - 1973

Bill Edmundson

Re: Bill White's Sea Knight

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sat May 29, 2010 6:35 am

Dale

Glad to see you're about! Retirement must be a lot more work than you thought. You must be busy!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother » Sat May 29, 2010 7:14 am

Thanks Bill, yes, I am busy....

My SPOUSES WORKING ON HOUSES business has been more than I could have expected, two weeks ago I sent customers a note stating I was going to devote my time to arty things, well several said, I HAVE ONE MORE PROJECT, WOULD YOU DO FOR ME? LOL.

Our church has commissioned me three time this past year to make arty things for them, and so I have decided to make some arty furniture items that we could use in our home, then offer them FOR SALE. If they don't sell we will use in our home, so we will see.

I love the Sea Knight Bill White just finished, and would like to share some personal comments directly with him, so hoping he will see and send me a PM.

Thanks Bill, I have a very soft spot in my heart for this site, OH SO MUCH TO DO, OH SO LITTLE TIME.

Dale in Indy
I AM ALWAYS DOING THAT WHICH I CANNOT DO, IN ORDER TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT. ~ Pablo Picasso 1881 - 1973

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sat May 29, 2010 7:52 am

Dale

PM Gayle I'll bet she can link you up with BW.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason » Sat May 29, 2010 11:31 am

Wow Dale, it's been 2 years since you posted last. It's good to see you're alive and still kickin. Any chance of your coming to our Gathering this year?
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother » Sat May 29, 2010 11:44 am

Dave, thanks for your comments, and invite. Sharon and I talked about such when you had the very first, I guess that was 2-3 years ago, but didn't make it happen.

I need to finish my 78" IO 1950's boat and bring that, that would be fun, and I would guess we could find someone to test drive it, huh? I could pull it behind my BIG Buick street rod. 1941.

I will check the dates out, and do my best to make that happen. I know you all have had great times, and it has been MY LOSS. FOR SURE!

I will stay in touch.

Dale

P.S. I have posted a couple times, you have been busy and missed such. Thanks for your note Dave, and YOU TOO BILL...........................

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sat May 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Dale

I've missed you input and insight1

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin » Sat May 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Dale,
Bill is only about 20 minutes from me and I wish I had known he was building a Glen-L design. I would have offered free labor just to learn. I'm going to try and make contact. I want to see his boat in person. Who knows maybe I can get him to join the forum, if nothing else I will relay your comment and see if I can get you two connected.

Chip
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother » Sun May 30, 2010 7:07 am

Hey, that would be nice.

I would like to share some Sea Knight stuff with him.

Thanks,

Dale in Indy, the corn field with a race track in the middle.

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,
This is Chip reporting for "The Forum Daily". I had the pleasure to talk with Mr. Bill White of Edgefield, SC about his Sea Knight. Heck of a nice guy and a bit of a character, he would fit right in. :wink: I asked him why he wasn't a member of the forum and he informed me he was still on dail up and that he didn't intend to "get any new bills." Pirate, You were correct about the motor and so was he. He runs both.
Besides being named Glen-L's boat builder of the month he told me of another surprise he received this week. His Sea Knight will be in November's issue of "Small Boats Magazine". But, I got to him first. :D Guys, I could have talked to him all day. He even invited me up to see the boat. OK, I invited myself. :roll:
I must be doing something right this week. Not only did I get to talk to Bill, but I had the pleasure of meeting one of our World Famous Moderators and his wife this past Monday. :P :lol:
Until next time. Chill Out

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Life is good! :wink: :D

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Yes it is. :D Dale in Indy is happy. Now if I can just get Dave Lott off my back. :shock:

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:35 pm

One thing I forgot to mention. When I started talking about the Web Letter Bill was quick to let me know he had already seen it and I could hear pride in his voice as he went on to tell me how "Mr. Glen himself committed about his handle/cup holder." :D I still can't believe he built his boat right under my nose without me knowing it. :( I guess I need to brush up on my reporting skills. :lol:

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Chillin,

Make sure Bill W knows we want him at the Gathering!

Dale,

What happened to Charlie B's Sea Knight?

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Oyster

Post by Oyster » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:36 am

Bill's boat is somewhat buried in another section but his blog is worth a few moments of everyone's time. For reference, this is what Dale is talking about. The devil is in the details.

http://glen-l.com/weblettr/webletters-1 ... ml#builder

Return to “Power Boats”