Building underway for the Jubilee

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Lowka53

Re: Building underway for the Jubilee

Post by Lowka53 »

chugalug wrote::D Not going to try the"turkey on a spit "trick.Where's your sense of adventure? :lol: I used come-a-longs hung from ceiling rafters but would have worked better with floor jacks.
well the spit would not work with a 14 foot beam and a 10 foot ceiling height lol
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Lowka53

Post by Lowka53 »

:? for any who is wondering I am still alive no progress with build or even shop. My mr john build got ruined due to weather taking out the build tent so will have to start over on it since last post I found my missing ( had been missing for 30+ years) daughter In Jan and learned I have another granddaughter I did not know I had my daughter just gave birth in Oct to a new baby boy and my youngest son and his other half are awaiting number 2 child. And finally my oldest granddaughter got married in August. It seems every body in the area found out about my love of boats and was given another boat this time one that can easily be put back into the water mainly only thing wrong with it is seat and pad work needs done. this one came with a trailer and was given a flat bed trailer along with it. The boat is a Olympic tri hull bowrunner with a inline 6 and a Mercury out drive pre alpha 1. I have not had much cash or time with all that has been going on with my life so most everything has been put on hold now with the season change I can not do much in the way of building. snow will be hitting the valley soon I am surprised we have not already seen it here. but i will not give up my mountains to find warmer weather :wink: hopefully I will get a renewed outlook come spring and get at it again it seems I have more projects than time or money. best wishes to all and continue building. I can be found on face book still under my boat building web page and other are on my friends list. Blessing to you all
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

chugalug

Post by chugalug »

:D Was wandering where you disappeared to.Good to read your comments again.is that motor big enough for your jubilee build?maybe donor boat?
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Lowka53

Post by Lowka53 »

It would be if I had another it is 165hp motor when I checked into power they stated a Michigan motor i would need a single 350 cbi min. to power the size of the jubilee. The bayliner I got in the spring does have a out drive merc A1 that was linked to a V-6 but the screws are both the same direction. I going to part out the bayliner it needs much more work than the Olympic to get back in the water. I will use it to fish the local lakes until I can get the Build done or at least until I get to the point of putting a motor in the build. And it snowed this morning :lol: I got to get the boats covered for winter now I can't put it off any longer
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

Return to “Power Boats”