tugg-along.........18

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Grand Chillin

Re: tugg-along.........18

Post by Grand Chillin »

Way to go Guys!!!! Looking good Wayne :D
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

flordia boy

Post by flordia boy »

.......check out this photo!!! upspirate saying "guys just lift it a little higher"
upspirate and flordia boy...giving instructions !!
upspirate and flordia boy...giving instructions !!
guys,its coming over!
guys,its coming over!
dolph says........."its down"
dolph says........."its down"

flordia boy

Post by flordia boy »

in the shop..............
it looks longer than 18 ft..maybe we better measure it...
it looks longer than 18 ft..maybe we better measure it...
someone asked...."with the hole in the bottom.....how's it going to float."
someone asked...."with the hole in the bottom.....how's it going to float."
and they said...the world is flat.....check out the bottom....it is really flat...!!!
and they said...the world is flat.....check out the bottom....it is really flat...!!!
next week the fun begins!!! wayne

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

flordia boy wrote:.......check out this photo!!! upspirate saying "guys just lift it a little higher"
I thought he was saying watch out for my bed. :roll: :wink: :lol:
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

UPS didn't get dirty or break a sweat! He considers that a success!! Musta been a state job! :wink: :lol:

UPS: "I'll just stand here with my hands on my hips, I had to sit on my ass and drive for almost 8 hours yesterday at work...you guys don't understand how demanding that is on a guy my age!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
But he probably would have made the prettiest hooters girl in the bunch!

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

leakcheck wrote:UPS didn't get dirty or break a sweat! He considers that a success!! Musta been a state job! :wink: :lol:

UPS: "I'll just stand here with my hands on my hips, I had to sit on my ass and drive for almost 8 hours yesterday at work...you guys don't understand how demanding that is on a guy my age!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
But he probably would have made the prettiest hooters girl in the bunch!
I noticed the similarities to when you helped flip Lewis' boat Leakcheck!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Besides,I drive 8 hrs 40 min per night and it's a union job.....I'm filing a grievance!!! 8)

Pirate's Wench

Post by Pirate's Wench »

He he... careful guys. 8.5 hours a day, 5 days a week gives Pirates lots of time for plotting and scheming. I'm just sayin... :| :lol: :lol: :lol:
~~~Never walk in the footsteps of others, or you won’t leave any of your own.~~~

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Pirate's Wench wrote:He he... careful guys. 8.5 hours a day, 5 days a week gives Pirates lots of time for plotting and scheming. I'm just sayin... :| :lol: :lol: :lol:

She speaks from experience!!! :shock: :wink: 8)

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Pirate's Wench wrote:He he... careful guys. 8.5 hours a day, 5 days a week gives Pirates lots of time for plotting and scheming. I'm just sayin... :| :lol: :lol: :lol:
It works both ways, or I am told. :wink: But has he told you about the new set of plans that he has purchased?

Onplane

Post by Onplane »

Wayne,

Looking Good!

Man that thing looks big! Most of your pics don't have anyone in them for scale, I didn't really get the idea of just how big your rig was until now!

Keep up the good progress!

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Yep, that's a deep hull,and I believe it gets a bulwark too which is not on yet

Lowka53

Post by Lowka53 »

:lol: he has it easy when i was driving my days where 14 hours at the least usally more i had dispatchers that had no Idea of far road times was :lol: over night runs from Ks to Baltimore with turn around :lol: no wonder my body is such a mess :lol:
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Lowka53 wrote:
:lol: he has it easy when i was driving my days where 14 hours at the least usally more i had dispatchers that had no Idea of far road times was :lol: over night runs from Ks to Baltimore with turn around :lol: no wonder my body is such a mess :lol:
8.5 is just drive time,I'm usually punch to punch about 11-13 hours with the other duties!

flordia boy

Post by flordia boy »

yesterday (3/14) and today I worked on the chines, port and starboard..faired them with a 3/8 in radius...filled in all stitch holes and imperfections with 1 to 1 glue....today I also worked on the skeg....located it on the hull, layed out the cut line to match the hull.....there is approx 2 1/4in rocker in the hull...see pix..
hull faired to approx 3/8 in radius at chine
hull faired to approx 3/8 in radius at chine
detail of layout tool to transfer arc of hull to skeg...prop skeg equal amounts both fwd and aft...using homemade tool....follow curve of hull to transfer it to skeg
detail of layout tool to transfer arc of hull to skeg...prop skeg equal amounts both fwd and aft...using homemade tool....follow curve of hull to transfer it to skeg
aft end of skeg, showing homemade tool to transfer arc to skeg...
aft end of skeg, showing homemade tool to transfer arc to skeg...
tomorrow I will be cutting the skeg---I'm using a cypress 2x6x14

flordia boy

Post by flordia boy »

a couple more pix
view of cypress skeg, with hull curve transfered to it...
view of cypress skeg, with hull curve transfered to it...
another view of the skeg
another view of the skeg

Return to “Power Boats”