Overniter Stem Piece

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:40 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Overniter Stem Piece

Post by indyillini » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:46 am

I am building the overniter and have a question as to what a piece on the Overniter in customer photos is called. The piece in question is the metal piece where the stem meets the deck. Is this called a cutwater or something else? Thanks for the help.

pic107c.jpg (13.63 KiB) Viewed 768 times


Re: Overniter Stem Piece

Post by upspirate » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:58 am

On a sailboat, that piece is a stemhead fitting....not sure if it has a name on a powerboat:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Stemhead ... =firefox-a

A cutwater is the metal piece that covers the stem from the shear to the chine area:

http://www.glen-l.com/weblettr/weblette ... l#notebook

Post Reply

Return to “Power Boats”