Aussie Belle

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Gayle Brantuk

Re: Aussie Belle

Post by Gayle Brantuk » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:21 am

Beautiful video, Jamie! Thank you for sharing your stunning boat in this way--it's truly inspiring.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:31 pm

Hi all,

Took the Belle out for another camping trip. We are certainly putting her through her paces lately and this trip was or to remember.
Arrived on the Friday and went out for a run before sunset, was a nice afternoon with a late storm close by but no rain.

Saturday we took the kids on the tubes ad my wife Amanda ad I had some time I the Knee board, lots of fun.

This is where the fun starts, a storm started to develop out over the hills, checked the radar and looked like it might go around us so we all left the boats tied to the bouys and went for lunch.

The the weather changed very quickly. By the time we got around to the boats (only 500 yard drive) the wind and rain had started.

The Belle was starting to drag her bouys and was shifting in the 2 ft waves!

I jumped in and fired her up and idled out facing into the waves which grew to between 3 to 4 feet in size! The rain was bucketing down and then the lightening started, we had 2 strikes on the water close by, it was getting pretty scary (was only me in the boat, kids were in caravan at camp).

Had to wait it out until we could get a spot on the boat ramp.

End result was we got her back on trailer and cover on to stop any more rain getting in the hull.

Others were not so lucky, 1 boat overturned and a number of boats pounded against the shore line, one of the most savage storms I have ever seen and lasted for about 30 minutes.

I was very impressed with how the Belle rode in the rough conditions, wasn’t fun but Learnt a lot about what she can do!

Couple of photos of trip.
Attachments
C2495AA6-3B07-439E-BE25-1CA640699841.png
86D8590D-1A33-4FF8-967F-05DB2CD31350.png
AD500710-D2D9-4FD1-A205-49894DF67238.jpeg

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:41 am

That's scary--glad to hear she made it through! Those cold-molded boats are tough.

TomB

Post by TomB » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:09 pm

Hey Jamie,

Hope you're making fantastic boating memories.

I'm getting to the point of selecting engine controls, like the U-Flex B400, and am considering an installation very similar to yours. Would you do anything different? Does the amount of lever travel cause any issues?

Thanks,

Tom

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:14 am

Hi Tom,

I wouldn’t change anything. The travel is spot on and super smooth.

The position is spot on for practicability. With the arm rest it is very comfortable.

I did have to trim some out of the edge of arm rest to allow for knuckle room but that is due to the arm rest having an overhang over the edge of side panel.

Very wet weather here at the moment and can’t get out on the water.

Fired her up in the shed today and let her idle for 5 minutes.

Jamie

TomB

Post by TomB » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:37 am

Thanks for the update Jamie. It is good to read things are working as well as they look. Tom

footer

Post by footer » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:14 am

It’s those kinds of eventful trips you will remember forever. Glad it turned out good for you. She is definitely a beautiful boat.

Tony Hain

Post by Tony Hain » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:36 pm

Jamie
You still thinking of going to the Bribie boat show?
Tony Hain
"Never under-estimate the bounds of human stupidity" (Robert Heinlein)
and on a more optimistic note "nor the capacity for human brilliance"

Return to “Power Boats”