Re: Doing IT ! / Little Hunk

Postby svenole » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:58 pm

Battons down>beveled stem> started to bevel transom> :D
Attachments
10 ,23, 11 002.JPG

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:00 am

Kudos! Thats coming right along. I don't know what happened in the area of the glue deal that I read about on the other thread. But normally unless something is out of wack or did not properly clean your wood, the bond of epoxy, especially thickened epoxy is stronger than fasteners in some cases.

svenole

Postby svenole » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:16 am

Thanks ,ill sand off the old stuff and make sure its clean.all the other ones are fine >no big deal then,THANKS again ! oh yeah,i have a question about the breasthook and i need to secure it to the ground ! so theres no movement.sounds goofy but im thinking about getting a larger piece of wood and secureing it with some large tent stakes . there about 18 inchs long and i think they will do the job .then ill screw the breasthook into the wood.i just have to make sure i can remove the screws after i plank it ! no ill just pull out the stakes and remove them after i flip it.

svenole

Postby svenole » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:00 am

Well i have not been feeling to great lately but what ever time i had is gone, so now i either have to go with the tent i have or build a rugged shelter out of 2x4s and tarps,if i use the one i have ill have to reinforce all the framework and a extra tarp on top as snow is very heavy :!: Dec,Jan,Feb and March :!: UGG :!: :roll:
Attachments
boat pics 001.JPG

svenole

Postby svenole » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:05 am

I could luck out or this could happen :!:
Attachments
groundhog day 010.JPG

jamundsen

Postby jamundsen » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:28 am

bad memories :mrgreen:
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:32 am

I feel your pain about those covers even though I use them all the time. Last year we had four major snows which is pretty rare that yielded more than a dusting of snow. I had to go out and pat the undersize of the top to get the snow to avalanch. What a pain, but at least it was temporary for a day or so at a time.

svenole

Postby svenole » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:03 am

I think a heater would be a good idea also.

svenole

Postby svenole » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Back at it! im over my back problem <i hope!> im starting to install the chines and sheers.i have 10 frames 10 being the closest to the stem and when i put the chine in it sits high on no. 8 and im not sure what to do yet.odd its fine on 9 and 7.the frames are installed properly.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:41 pm

svenole wrote:Back at it! im over my back problem <i hope!> im starting to install the chines and sheers.i have 10 frames 10 being the closest to the stem and when i put the chine in it sits high on no. 8 and im not sure what to do yet.odd its fine on 9 and 7.the frames are installed properly.

Fantastic! We are all looking foward to updated photos as with some many others that hopefully will be coming out of hibernation. Keep in mind too Sept is coming quickly guys. :wink: 8)

svenole

Postby svenole » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:13 am

If i twist it and push down a bit it fits > so im going to screw it in and eyeball it.

svenole

Postby svenole » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:04 am

I tell ya i not getting the chine right ! im perplexed! need to get away from it for awhile! :evil: :!:

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:51 pm

svenole wrote:I tell ya i not getting the chine right ! im perplexed! need to get away from it for awhile! :evil: :!:

Well let the battens float across several frames, installing both sides and then stand off and take a look see to see if the shape of the battens are simular. This may tell you that one or more of the frames are correct and properly aligned or not too. Wood will tell you where you are supposed to be.

svenole

Postby svenole » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks,well i went back out and i butt joined my chine.i was working with a piece that was to short and was just working to far forward.now its full length and screwed near the middle and things make sense now.thank god ! it just wasnt working out before .my battons and frames are fine,i got the longest lumber i could find and i should haVE JOINED them early. man i was getting P.O. ! :D

svenole

Postby svenole » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Chines :!:
Attachments
Chine fix 001.JPG

Return to “Power Boats”