bandido

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Gilbert

bandido

Postby Gilbert » Wed May 09, 2012 6:27 am

Any body know if there is any bandido builds currently going at this time. I am trying to decide between the bandido and the cruise missle. Trying to also decide which is more cost effective. Any help and suggestions would be great.

jamundsen

Re: bandido

Postby jamundsen » Wed May 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Well I want to build either or both of them. I have the plans for the cruise missle and the study plans for the Bandido. I also want to finish the one I'm working on first. I really like the Cruise Missle so I think you should build that one so I can follow in your foot steps. I think the Bandido would be more cost effective as you need to keep the missle really light to be fast. I was looking at aluminum sbc blocks and a surface piecing drive for the missle. I think the cost would be high and the learning curve steep for the missle. But nobody else has one so you would be the first.
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

Gilbert

Postby Gilbert » Thu May 10, 2012 8:00 am

jamundsen wrote:Well I want to build either or both of them. I have the plans for the cruise missle and the study plans for the Bandido. I also want to finish the one I'm working on first. I really like the Cruise Missle so I think you should build that one so I can follow in your foot steps. I think the Bandido would be more cost effective as you need to keep the missle really light to be fast. I was looking at aluminum sbc blocks and a surface piecing drive for the missle. I think the cost would be high and the learning curve steep for the missle. But nobody else has one so you would be the first.

I think i am going to go ahead and start the cruise missle in the next month. I will be using jet drives along with two small block chevys. I like a challenge and i really like this boat. I have three years to complete it since my youngest will be off to college around then. We plan to relocate close to the ocean so i am going to give it a go.

JasonC

Postby JasonC » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:34 pm

Did either of you guys start your builds yet? I'm keen to follow someone else!!

Return to “Power Boats”