1957 Trojan sea queen

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Trojanseaqueen

1957 Trojan sea queen

Post by Trojanseaqueen » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:34 pm

I have built a minimax before and this site is full of great information so I came here for some information on restoring a 1957 Trojan sea queen that I just purchased.
The hull is in great shape and there is no rot or damage to it at all. I bought this boat for only $100 so there are some things to be addressed. It needs an engine, but first I want to deal with restraining and caulking the deck.

I would like to get some advice on removing old stain and caulk from old boats and how to restrain and re caulk the deck.

Also any information on the Trojan boat company or the sea queen model specifically would be greatly appreciated.

BruceDow

Re: 1957 Trojan sea queen

Post by BruceDow » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Welcome to the forum.

For "respectful restorations", a great book to check out is "How to Restore your Wooden Runabout" (vol 1) and (vol 2) by Don Danenberg.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Trojanseaqueen

Post by Trojanseaqueen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks for the advice I will have to look into that.

I just picked up a 40hp 1961 to go with this boat, its going to be a project that i will be documenting on here with pictures once things get started.

Lowka53

Post by Lowka53 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Return to “Power Boats”