Matt's Geronimo

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

DrBryanJ

Re: Matt's Geronimo

Post by DrBryanJ »

Love it Matt. I have an e-tec 90 sitting on a stand in my garage. It looks so big all by it self, but it looks right on your boat.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Bryan, if you saw the 90s from the other brands you would realize just how compact the Evinrudes really are.

I just can't wait. Priorities are finishing all the wiring, floor, and back seat. I may launch initially without a windshield.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Looks great Matt!
Jim
Jim Neeley
Building a Barrelback in Sacramento, CA
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28089#p172969

BillJ

Post by BillJ »

Matt!

Looking sweet!!!!!! Very proud of you for throwing on the afterburners and getting this baby ready so fast.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

That looks awesome! That motor and boat combo look perfectly matched, should be comfortable, quiet and fast when you need. What a great setup. Can't wait to see it in action.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
Griffin's Law: Murphy was an optimist.

mrintense

Post by mrintense »

Looks great Matt. I have been planning on the ETEC 115 for my Vera Cruise but may still consider a 90 for the weight reduction. It's hard to judge how much power will be needed.

Your Geronimo has made really fast progress lately. I bet it feels good after having to put on the brakes early when you had your sone and then had to move. Congrats. BTW will respond to PM as soon as I can get to it.
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper Boating

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

A boat maintenance guy in Belize rated the e-tec very high. His favorite 2-stroke!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Post by 283 »

Looking good Matt.

As far as anchors look at the Mantus 8lb. Add a little chain and one of the bungee lines. In mud or sand it’s a drop and forget about it deal when you want to set anchor.
Mike

riplash

Post by riplash »

In terms of storing your anchor, you might look for a plastic milk crate box. I store mine in a milk crate, and it keeps everything together and I can tie the crate to the boat wherever I want it to stay. I can also move it around to help with weight and balance. Most of the time I have it in the bow of the boat in front of the drivers seat because that side of the boat is lighter and more bow weight helps. I can also dip the whole crate in the water and rinse off mud and sand. I throw the fenders in the crate too when they aren't being used.

Your boat is looking awesome, I bet you are excited to get it in the water soon.

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Thanks for the anchor suggestion, Mike.

Rip, the milk crate sounds like a great idea if I can find something like that.

I have almost everything wired up now. I'm dreading continuing to work on the floor, but if I can get the one side done then I should be able to use it to make a pattern for the port side. The middle section will just be a rectangle so that should be easy.
Matt

TomB

Post by TomB »

As a variation on a theme, I store my mushroom anchor in a bucket. It keeps the gunk out of the boat, manages the line, and does bucket things when the anchor is in use. Boat looks great...

Tom
In the home stretch on a Tahoe 23

mrintense

Post by mrintense »

For my anchor well, I am considering some plastic webbing material, sort of like what you might stand on as a comfort mat while working, but a bit harder. here is a link.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/cactus ... 412BL.html
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper Boating

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

That would probably work well, Carl.
Matt

bobinpowayca

Post by bobinpowayca »

Howdy Matt, your Geronimo looks great, and the e-tec looks just right on it! I'm not concerned at all about the transom being stout enough for the motor, it's rock-solid. It does look compact, attached are a couple pictures of mine. Should be real easy to see people tubing behind the boat.
One thing I noticed is I have to keep the motor trimmed nearly all the way down (i.e., "-" on the handle). I tried the procedure to trim the boat that I've read about which is to bring it up on plane with positive trim, then back down with negative trim until you're properly "on plane". However, as soon as I add positive trim the nose goes way too high and I sometimes get cavitation, so I pretty much run it in the vertical (nearly all the way down) position as shown in the picture. I've added 135lbs of ballast to the nose.
By the way if you go without a windshield you may need goggles! I've got a one inch spray rail and over one inch rail around the sheer and if there's any chop at all we catch a lot of spray. Maybe windshield could be an inch or two higher. Bob
Attachments
eyebolts to pull tubers
eyebolts to pull tubers
IMG_1348.JPG
IMG_1333.JPG
Bob

Milhouse

Post by Milhouse »

Looks Great Matt - It turned from a Boat Project to a Boat real fast with that paint job and motor installed!
Jim
16' Ski Boat Restoration
17' Overnighter Sloop

I'd rather have a $h!tty meal than an $h!tty resume because a totally awesome resume will feed me steak one day - Steve Poltz

Return to “Power Boats”