Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Roberta

Re: Roberta's Torpedo

Post by Roberta »

Thanks, Guys!!!

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Don't know if I can elaborate on all the other nice things that people said except to say that your boat is incredible! I can't wait to see it gleaming in the sun.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk »

Everyone has said it and I totally agree--you are one amazing boat builder! She's just beautiful, Roberta. There aren't words to express how much we here at Glen-L appreciate and admire your work and are grateful for your unfailing belief in Glen's design. We're anxiously awaiting the launch and trial run...

ian bell

Post by ian bell »

Amazing Roberta , have you got the Champers ready.
Ian

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Thanks, Matt!!!

Thanks, Gayle!!! I hope Glen likes what I did. I took a few liberties on the design, but kept the shape intact.

Thanks, Ian!!! Well, I will need to get some for the first splash, the first boat show in Madison, WI, our boat show in Pewaukee, WI, The G9 Gathering at Hales Bar, and the ACBS International in Brainerd, MN. I may need a couple cases. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D

SunFun

Post by SunFun »

Wow! What a beautiful boat! great job!
You are going to be very popular anywhere you go with that boat.... especially when you tell them that you built it!

I have been contemplating making the drive up to the Brainerd show for the day, but knowing you and your boat will be there has solidified my plans!

Can't wait to see it in the water.

Scott

trisailor

Post by trisailor »

Roberta- The rush you will be experiencing with that first neutral to full open on the water NEEDS to be documented and shared with the rest of us who have followed this amazing build. Congratulations doesn't quite seem to cover it!! Rich will need to be the "I'll answer all the questions" guy at the launch ramp, or you'll never get that thing in the water. Seriously! People will be going nuts when you say "yup, I built it". But I'm sure you've already experienced that with your Zip. Make sure your lug nuts are tight on your trailer. This is what happened to me, FIRST TIME OUT, on the way to a local boat show when I forgot to tighten mine! (luckily I was going around a corner less than 10mph. No damage, except to my pride!)
Attachments
IMG_1626.JPG

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

Roberta--- You have done it again! I can't wait to see it in person. Thanks for documenting this build in such detail. Many here on the forum will benefit greatly from your explanations and photos throughout the entire process. I will be picking your brain again at G9 about your finishing procedures. We are all looking forward to a video of the launch... Best of luck,,,,, Neel

Andy Garrett

Post by Andy Garrett »

Another great accomplishment! Your cup overfloweth!

Specifically, I like the white hull. It really lets the eye focus on Glen's intended shape and artistic desires.

I also really like the angular sweep of the cover boards ahead of the windshield. This lengthens the design and accentuates the over all shape quite nicely.

The Caddy light, sculpted woodwork, hardware choices, all work well together. Your field board width is spot on. Stain colors are excellent!

Your documented work on this and your other boats exists as a 'textbook' of sorts for builders who seek the highest standards in craftsmanship. You have a legacy!

Well done! :D
Andy Garrett

Perhaps the slowest Zip build in Glen-L history...

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Andy

The goal of the forum has always been to help each other. I think we've done it! The boats just seem to get gooder and gooder! (I know better.) Our builders are taking more and more awards at major shows. Roberta's Torpedo is going to kill the judges! I'm going to dock the Tahoe as far away from Roberta's as I can at the Gathering.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Thanks, everyone!!! Took a day off from boat building to enjoy another passion. We went up to Oshkosh for the day for Air Venture. Saw some cool stuff and the F22 Raptors flew in. Met many of our old EAA friends as well.

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D

Andy Garrett

Post by Andy Garrett »

I was on my way to Oshkosh yesterday on my motorcycle when events conspired against me and I decided to turn back. :(

Disappointed, but I will try again next year--with fewer opportunities to miss out.
Andy Garrett

Perhaps the slowest Zip build in Glen-L history...

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

You'll have to fly the Pietenpol up there next year.

Roberta :D

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason »

Andy Garrett wrote:I was on my way to Oshkosh yesterday on my motorcycle when events conspired against me and I decided to turn back.
Wouldn't that be similar to FLYING to Sturgis for a motorcycle rally?
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

fergal butler

Post by fergal butler »

Excellent work. :D

Return to “Power Boats”