Roberta's Torpedo

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Roberta

Re: Roberta's Torpedo

Post by Roberta »

Thanks, Fergy!!!! Love it!!!

Today we basically finished The Glen L. Interior and lighting completed, installed the flotation, and set the seats and the helm. About the only thing left is to make a holder for the paddles in the unlikely event of a motor failure. :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Attachments
Carpet and upholstered engine front hatch cover
Carpet and upholstered engine front hatch cover
Cockpit seating has bolsters for better viewing during docking.
Cockpit seating has bolsters for better viewing during docking.
Making motor noises big time now!!!
Making motor noises big time now!!!
Cup holder lights.
Cup holder lights.
Interior lighting and lighted switch panel
Interior lighting and lighted switch panel
My slightly illegal tail light.
My slightly illegal tail light.
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

After getting the boat done and a nice lunch, we put the Glen L on her Throne. We used our engine hoist to raise the bow up and raise the front dollie to meet the trailer height. The trailer stern was lowered and backed into the bow using the tug. We then hooked up the winch line and started winching up the boat. Once we were securely on the trailer, the front dollie was removed and the hoist moved to the stern. With the stern lifted, we were able to continue winching the boat all the way on the trailer. The bottom of the boat was so slick it slid right up and on. Once on, we adjusted all the bunks and winch mast with the goal post bow stop. The bunk risers were loosened and jacked into place using a floor jack, then retightened. It took about three hours to get the boat on and do all the adjusting. Tomorrow we will cut off the risers that were lowered and need trimming for better ground clearance.

After all that, it was time for a swim to cool off and head out for a celebration dinner. :D :D :D :D :D

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D
Attachments
Torpedo Done 014.jpg
Torpedo Done 015.jpg
Torpedo Done 016.jpg

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

That is unbelievable!!!

Initially, when you first started the build I didn't think the shape of the boat suited my tastes, but wow!! as it has come along I've come to love the shape. One of the most beautiful boats I have seen. Amazing!!

Cheers
Mojo

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Roberta

I'm happy :!: :!: :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

sscobra

Post by sscobra »

Incredibly beautiful! Looking really nice on the trailer. I can only imagine how you must feel. What an accomplishment. I am also very sad. This means this build post is coming to an end soon. What are you going to build next??? Beautiful job, Roberta! Skip
Built the Glen-L Monaco, 2016.

trisailor

Post by trisailor »

See you in two months!!

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Thanks, Everybody!!!! What's next!!! I'm gonna enjoy the Torpedo and maybe get back into RC modeling. No more big projects. Well, I haven't built a car yet! :shock:

A few things to do on the trailer, a paddle holder, and check tongue weight and balance today. Tomorrow we launch!!!!! Stay tuned!!!

chugalug

Post by chugalug »

:D Build a car like "Splinter"?(Wood mag October 2008) :D Or a soap box derby car :lol: Can't imagine what that nice looking boat with a paddle mounted on the outside would look like.Personally ,I'd wrap some bubble wrap on it and put it somewhere handy but hidden.
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Smitty48

Post by Smitty48 »

I told you when I introduced myself at the Lake Geneva Boat Show that I felt like I was talking to a Rock Star because of your fame on this builders connection. This boat confirms it! What a beautiful beautiful beautiful boat. You must be very pleased that your dream for this boat has been fulfilled. Congratulations on this project that everyone knew would turn out perfect. , Craig

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Chug, I really wasn't going to hang the paddles on the outside, but as you wish, I put them in the engine bay. :lol: I can get at them either opening the hatch or taking the aft cockpit panel off.

Thanks' Craig!!!

We spent the afternoon getting things ready for tomorrow's launch. The dock ropes and fenders were checked and stowed on board. I needed to move the license plate on the trailer as it stuck out too much for our narrow doors. Then the stowing of the paddles. We also gave the boat a wax job. Another thing we did was check the tongue weight. I appears to be right around 300 lbs. We'll see how it handles at that weight. I can move forward a bit if needed. I also cut the long bunk support risers and Rich cleaned then up and added some touch up paint Loadmaster supplied. We are READY!! Oh, and I had Rich torque the wheel lug nuts!!

Stay tuned hopefully we will have some video tomorrow.

vupilot

Post by vupilot »

Awesome Roberta! Amazing quality done on an equally amazing timeline!

but....you gotta redo the stitching where "Rinker" is stitched into those seats! Definitely needs Glen-L or Torpedo or both instead!

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Thanks, Chris!!! I'm having some towels embroidered with the Glen L logo and Torpedo. They will be draped over the seats for display. I was thinking about getting the seats taken apart and having that stitched into them, but I was concerned about the seat design being difficult to re-assemble and wrecking them. Maybe over the winter.

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D

bob smith

Post by bob smith »

What about "tunes" ?
Also a nice piece of equipment is an extendable boat hook (my new favorite thingy). It comes in real handy sometimes and if push came to shove, I'd trade the paddle for it.
Any thoughts on top speed?
Have a great launch! We'll be waiting with baited breath to see the video of it in action.
Bob Smith
Chester, SC

mrintense

Post by mrintense »

Roberta, I apologize for not chiming in sooner but I have had had a very busy weekend. The "Glen L" looks terrific and I am sure that tomorrow's launch is going to be fun. Great job and congratulations. Best of luck tomorrow.
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper Boating

chugalug

Post by chugalug »

:D Don't forget drain plug.Don't want to see the video on afv! :lol:
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Return to “Power Boats”