With the boating season pretty much over, it's time to do some work on the boat. First things on the list were to repair the loose connection on the GPS Speedometer. The Deutsch plug hasn't been as good as it should be and I was losing ground to the unit. This plagued me all summer with intermittent operation. I bent the pins in the speedo slightly in hopes the connections would stay put. So far so good. We'll see next year.
The next thing was to replace the fuel tank sending unit that I mangled last fall when we were syphoning fuel out. Got the syphon hose wrapped around the float and managed to yank it off the unit. I replaced it with a WEMA type with a vertical float instead of the swing arm. While doing that I decided to clean out the tank and repair some loose anchor bracket screws. I added some pads to the tank deck so the brackets fit more flush and will use longer screws. I am also adding some ratchet straps to hold the tank down better. I wasn't totally happy with just the two brackets on a 40 gallon tank. Some of the water on the Tennessee may have helped loosen things. The straps will help keep things in their proper place.
With the tank out of the way, I decided to check the prop hub alignment and tweek the stuffing box packing. That should be good for another season. The rudder port never leaked so I left that alone.
The fuel/water filter will be replaced and the filter in the Fuel Control Cell will be replaced. I will also be replacing the water pump impellor.
I never had any luck getting the Livorsi water flow meter to work right. That's something else to work on. I may pull out the major components and send them to Livorsi to check out.
I needed to pull the seats out to get at the front of the motor, and also to replace two screws that came out that hold the seat bottom to the pan. Not a big deal but I hate it when screws come out and roll around on the floor. I will add a little locktite to keep them in place. With the seats out, I can send them to the upholstery shop and have "RINKER" removed and Glen L embroidered on them. We couldn't find a match to the material, so we decided to remove the affected fabric and replace it with a complimenting blue and do the Glen L logo in white and the TORPEDO in Red/Orange like our shirts,
To wrap things up mechanically, I hope, I will be changing the oil and filter in the engine, transmission oil, and clean the flame arrestor.
I will be painting the boot stripe on this winter. The striping tape just is not staying on. After replacing it three times this year, I'm ready for paint. I may be adding the Lenco trim tabs, too. We'll see.
I'll post pics of all this stuff as I get it done.