Chugalug's BoJest

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

chugalug

Re: Chugalug's BoJest

Postby chugalug » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:53 am

not much progress.ordered Whale tip-toe water pump for sink.Anyone else use one? :roll: figured I wouldn't need much guages,ordered fuel guage so far.Don't need speedo as can't find one that tops out at 10 knots.don't need tach as can hear motor and listen for change.interior lights will be led lanterns or flashlights with magnets on back.
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

chugalug

Postby chugalug » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:52 am

:D little bit of progress;working on floor and center hatch cover
IMG_0872[1].JPG

rleete

Postby rleete » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:23 am

I like it.

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:38 am

That is really pretty. Well done.

Roberta :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

chugalug

Postby chugalug » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:12 pm

:D need to finish filling in small angles.(thats the center floor door in pilothouse for access to bilge storage area.)wife wants carpet-thought I would do that on sides and have wood door in center.want to get that done so can install foot operated water pump for sink.had 3 inch pvc sewer pipe fittings installed under bulwark tops for ventilation with water dams so no rain water can leak in hull(rain water can run from front deck area under bulwark tops and out the stern area).3 inch bilge blower fits perfect in the 3 inch pipe.got 2 coats of spar varnish on bilge hatch so far
IMG_0877[1].JPG
a few cracks but it's on the floor!

chugalug

Postby chugalug » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 am

:D Have been contemplating building the v-berth cushions for Chug.Read Sail-rite tips and saw article about harder foam under the mattress foam.wondering if using the exercize tiles would work.They are relatively in expensive and come in tile sizes.Also am thinking about using this technique instead of sewing zippers(square knots)
IMG_0904[1].JPG
remembered I had old roll-a-way mattress upstairs and disassembled foam core (4 inches thick) and am piecing it into v-berth cushions so havn't bought any foam yet.Found 2 fleece blankets at Shopko on sale 1/2 off so 25 bucks each (Queen size)not a professional job -sure is comfy though.
Last edited by chugalug on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

chugalug

Postby chugalug » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:54 pm

:roll: Found 2 six tile gym flooring 24x24 tiles at Shop-ko on sale for 15 bucks each.Hope its enough for the v-berth area and will top with 3 or 4 inch foam.cuts really nice with old electric knife.working on trailer of sorts adding another axle and longer side channels.did a little boat work yesterday cutting hole in floor under helm footrest for bilge blower hose.decided to mount battery, battery switch and fuse panel back in cabinet under folding table .also running wire from battery through fuse panel to bilge pump float switch instead of inline fuse as wire for that fuse tends to be smaller.

chugalug

Postby chugalug » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:53 pm

:D kinda in a quandry -do I lift boat up in boat shed and stuff trailer under?or build longer bunks on trailer extending into boat shed and winch boat onto trailer using lots of dawn.each has it's own merits and faults. :roll:

mrintense

Postby mrintense » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:54 pm

If you have the room, I would be inclined to lift in the shed and place the trailer under. Putting all that stress on a bow eye would scare me.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

chugalug

Postby chugalug » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:30 pm

:D When I put bow eye in,I used big steel eyebolt thinking that I'll have to replace later to avoid rust.it had to be long enough to go through all the oak used that for front support during flip and now with chainhoist up to ceiling beam consisting of 2 2x10's.lifting and blocking as I go .lifted up hull a little today so I could get make shift cradle out :D the building outside idea is looking better and better.maybe next time.Well,Aug.6th now and did something I've been thinking about for awhile-removed both axle assemblys off of trailer and stuffed trailer under "Chug" now just have to carpet bunks and install them .Then pull whole thing out and reassemble axles under(I had put a 2x4 in the axle mounts so it might slide easier.) :D

Return to “Power Boats”