Chugalug's BoJest

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

chugalug

Re: Chugalug's BoJest

Post by chugalug » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:35 pm

:D Not much done to "Chug".got HIN # routered on outside of hull.Picked up a few extra parts-toilet with 9 gal waste tank attached.designed to be permanently installed.waste to be sucked out at waste disposal sites.hope it complies with Canadian regs
IMG_1072[1].JPG
Also got anchor winch and 20 lb anchor
IMG_1070[1].JPG
unsure how I'll mount that. :D
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

footer

Post by footer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:42 am

I was just going back through your pictures and thought I'd compliment you on your work. Your center floor panel impressed me. I did a similar pattern in a cedar chest. The boat is looking Great. :)

chugalug

Post by chugalug » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:15 am

:D Unsure if I'll leave the panel exposed as it is getting quite worn-I got a chunk of teal colored boat carpeting to cover the floor anyway.really cold in boat shed so haven't been in there much. :x

chugalug

Post by chugalug » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:36 pm

:D Had a few warm days recently, so am prepping front keel area for a keelguard strip to avoid damage from rocks and beaches.Would recommend putting those on before putting bottom paint on.What a PITA. :evil: Now temps have dropped so unsure as when it will go on.(its supposed to be at least 65 in shop)guess I"ll have to crank up heater.Also picked up a can of liquid sewing for the enclosure on the stearn.
IMG_1144[1].JPG

mrintense

Post by mrintense » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:47 am

Keep plugging away Tim,

Weather is always going to get in the way. I've considered the keel guard approach as well. However, at the moment, I just can get past the idea of deliberately running my boat aground! :D :D Probably worrying about this too much. but after seven years, well, she's my baby!
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

chugalug

Post by chugalug » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:33 am

:D It's a cutwater of sorts. maybe help against the "sleepers" in all the gunkhole spots. :D Ordered another 1.2 gal kit of epoxy from Glen-L. I've always had good luck with that stuff.

chugalug

Post by chugalug » Tue May 14, 2019 12:04 pm

IMG_1150[1].JPG
:D Keel guard is on!Don't think the Bo-jest was designed for one as there is a pretty sharp spot on the bow so had to cut sides in on that spot.It's not designed to cover leaky spots -just to protect the ply keel edge.I went about 5 ft back from bow on bottom and 3 ft up bow to bulwark.wouldn't have to do that but thought it might act as bumper for anchor and for bumping the dock.now have to paint around edges.trying to figure out custom water tank built from pvc pipe for gravity feed toilet water supply.Will probably mount that on inside wall behind toilet.toilet clean out will be 1-1/2 inch high pressure pvc pipe glued in .after reading a few sailboat sites,I decided that I would try that.the only elbow used is a 45 at the tank.I'm so sick of that green colored hull that since I had to repaint anyway decided on a blue color instead.It's one coated now so will add next coat in a little while.the lighter color went on bulwarks and that blue is the same as on hull :lol:
IMG_1151[1].JPG

Return to “Power Boats”