Monaco Restart

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

NAMEngJS

Re: Monaco Restart

Postby NAMEngJS » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:08 am

BayouBengal wrote:It's flat beautiful, Chris, but you've got to quit teasing us. Every time I see a post by you I anxiously click thinking I'll see launch and sea trial videos.

Really looking forward to seeing it and you in the water.

I second that sentiment! I was teeming with excitement there for a few seconds
-Juan Suarez

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds, wake to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers by day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

speedracer

Postby speedracer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:50 pm

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to do that. My next post will be the launch (I promise) but I don't know how to post videos. I can't remember how Skip did it. I think I have to post it someplace else and then provide a link????????? Anybody can tell me the easiest way to do that, I would be greatly appreciative.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstien

hoodman

Postby hoodman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:49 pm

YouTube or Vimeo are both good options for posting videos.

sscobra

Postby sscobra » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:43 pm

As Matt mentioned, I uploaded my videos to YouTube and then posted the link to it here on the forum. Skip
Built the Glen-L Monaco, 2016.

speedracer

Postby speedracer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:33 am

Sounds good. Thanks guys.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstien

JoeM

Postby JoeM » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:52 pm

speedracer wrote:Sorry guys. Didn't mean to do that. My next post will be the launch (I promise) but I don't know how to post videos. I can't remember how Skip did it. I think I have to post it someplace else and then provide a link????????? Anybody can tell me the easiest way to do that, I would be greatly appreciative.

next post...

speedracer wrote:Sounds good. Thanks guys.

Crushing souls with your teasing...I like your style!

Looking forward to the video/s!
Check out my project and blog! http://fv-escape-hatch.com/project

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:36 am

just noticed your Madisonville Wooden Boat Festival application. Of course, your application is accepted. Looking forward to seeing you and your boat at the show.

By the way, we're working on a ACBS cruise in Lake Charles for in late August. Maybe you can make it out.

speedracer

Postby speedracer » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:55 am

I promised BayouBengal that I wouldn’t post again until the launch. So I finally launched the Monaco for the first time on August 1. Below are a few photos of my son, Rayce and my good friend, Jack helping. I have also attached a link to my YouTube video. It’s only about 4 minutes long so I hope you watch it. I’m not much of a film producer so it is as good as I could make it. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeZsaV6kW8U&t=58s
Attachments
IMG_9080.JPG
IMG_3369.JPG
IMG_3370.JPG

Milhouse

Postby Milhouse » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Congrats Chris!

Amazing job and I am so excited for you that she is on the water!

I heard you mentioned in the video that some water was coming in, did you get that all figured out?
Last edited by Milhouse on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
16' Ski Boat Restoration
17' Overnighter Sloop

I'd rather have a $h!tty meal than an $h!tty resume because a totally awesome resume will feed me steak one day - Steve Poltz

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:16 pm

What a beautiful boat and a wonderful day. You and your family along with Jack were brimming with excitement and rightfully so. Cheers to this boat turning heads on the Tchefuncte River for many years to come. Great job Chris! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hoodman

Postby hoodman » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:22 pm

"FLOOR IT!" How awesome!

speedracer

Postby speedracer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:53 pm

Thanks for all the great comments. I discovered (with some help) that I probably installed the packing in the rudder seal incorrectly. I think that is where the water is coming in. While I have it apart, I think I will reseal all of the through bolts for the fin and strut. After that I will tackle the porpoising issue.

Can't wait to get it back out.

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:40 am

All just minor tweaks :)

NAMEngJS

Postby NAMEngJS » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:01 am

Congratulations! She sounds great!
-Juan Suarez

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds, wake to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers by day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

NAMEngJS

Postby NAMEngJS » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Chris, I think I saw you driving north on 190 today by the chevy dealer as I was heading south from work. I can honestly say that she is even more amazing out in the sunlight and as close to "in person" as you can be when on the other side of the neutral ground. Have to say it again. Great job!
-Juan Suarez

Return to “Power Boats”