Geronimo's canopy

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

bobinpowayca

Geronimo's canopy

Postby bobinpowayca » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:32 pm

Howdy, I'm ordering one of those white poly canopies to put over my boat for the rest of the build - the "topside" build. I've got a good cover on it. But I can't work in the hot sun, and there's so many bees that in just a day's work it's all covered in orange bee poop.
Probably I'll get a 20' by 12' wide. Hopefully it won't blow away :lol: It will have flanges on the bottom for anchoring. I'd rather not put holes in my driveway - any of you folks recommend a good way to anchor the leg flanges? Bob 8)
Attachments
IMG_0584.JPG
being eaten up by the sun
Bob

bobinpowayca

Re: Geronimo's canopy

Postby bobinpowayca » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:38 pm

oh i forgot to mention, the driveway's on a slope :lol: and of course the centerline of the boat is dead level
Bob

Jimbob

Postby Jimbob » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:43 am

Hi Bob,
I got a canopy from HTF and 6 five gallon buckets from Home Depot. Filled them with water and tied them to the structure. Instead of water I would now fill them with sand. In a wind, the buckets of water would tip over and spill out all of the water.

I took it down if the wind was over 15 mpg. But that was because I didn't have sand in the buckets.

Jim
Jim Neeley
Building a Barrelback in Sacramento, CA

SunFun

Postby SunFun » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:01 pm

I have a 12 x 20 canopy over the back half of my boat. It is made by Shelter Logic and is very sturdy.
I had to raise mine up to clear my boat, so one side sits on a shelf built into my fence.
On the other side, the legs would be in the way, so I mounted the top on cantilevered supports.
I used the flanged feet and screwed them down to the wood supports.
Mine has held up to some good thunderstorms this summer.

How about getting some 12' 2x4"s and screwing the flanges to them. Then park the trailer on the 2 x 4's to hold the whole thing down.
Attachments
Canopy zoom.jpg

Return to “Power Boats”