Glen-L Monaco gets a "Perfect" comment.

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Ozzieboat

Glen-L Monaco gets a "Perfect" comment.

Postby Ozzieboat » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:38 am

See "Woody Boater" 18 Sept. Gill Kronenburg's Monaco gets a "Perfect" comment. Well done.

Roberta

Re: Glen-L Monaco gets a "Perfect" comment.

Postby Roberta » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:14 am

Glen L boats are gaining much respect in the classic boat world. Well built and well presented boats are becoming a big part of the ACBS community. We might not be antique, but can be very classic in design and fit in nicely. Although there are many Glen L boats that were built years ago and actually are antiques. Shows how well the boats are designed and built.

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:40 am

Yes, and I believe that the impression in the past has been one of disdain for Glen-L boats. I remember the first ACBS show I ever went to. I was talking with some of the people there and when they asked what sort of boat I had I used "Glen-L" in the phrase somewhere and, at that point, the conversation was pretty much over. Now days, not so much.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

kens

Postby kens » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:23 pm

Roberta wrote:Glen L boats are gaining much respect in the classic boat world. Well built and well presented boats are becoming a big part of the ACBS community. We might not be antique, but can be very classic in design and fit in nicely. Although there are many Glen L boats that were built years ago and actually are antiques. Shows how well the boats are designed and built.

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D

Isn't that what they call 'contemporary class' of boats???
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Contemporary class isn't homebuilt. Sometimes homebuilts are put in that class.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:59 pm

A couple of years ago, we went to the Mystic CT show. They have two classes, New Professionally Built and New Home Built. Neel Thompson won Home Built. The judges liked Neel's boat better than the Pro.

BIll
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Here's a link to that Monaco. But there is no other description of the boat. At least this is what I found:

http://www.woodyboater.com/blog/2016/09 ... -virginia/

I really wish we could see more. ...or maybe I'm missing something. Does someone know more about this than is obvious?

Also, I wish that Glen-L builders would all join the forum here. It's kinda sad when we put so much into this forum and then someone comes along, builds a beautiful boat and doesn't share with us. If I'm off base, someone please set me straight.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

garrech

Postby garrech » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Not sure if the builder is a regular on the forum, but you can see more pics of the build in the Glen-L Boatbuilding Galleries. It's all the way at the bottom of the Monaco builds. Someone posted a link on the Woody Boater site, and Gayle commented as well.

Return to “Power Boats”