cradle winch

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Jimbob

cradle winch

Postby Jimbob » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:55 am

For those of you that are using a cradle for your build and have the task of rolling the boat out of the garage onto the apron, and pulling it back in, this little winch works great for me. I have a slight incline on my driveway apron, and a lip where it connects to the garage slab. It was becoming more difficult each time I had to move the boat back into my garage by myself. With the boat becoming heavier, and even heaver when the engine gets installed, I knew I had do do something. I went to HFT and picked up an ATV winch for around $40 and installed a hook on my garage wall. The winch has a wireless remote control so I can pull the boat in and adjust as required along the way and do it with only one hand, leaving the other free to hold a beer. :) The battery will be my boat battery when the time comes.

Jim
Attachments
20170122_132205.jpg
The winch.
Jim Neeley
Building a Barrelback in Sacramento, CA

mrintense

Re: cradle winch

Postby mrintense » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:11 am

Jim,

Cleaver idea. I have a similar problem with my garage and driveway, although I haven't had to move my boat yet, I will be soon.And this gives mea another idea how to deal with leveling the cradle after moving it back into the garage. I am going to see if I can find some inexpensive hand cranked screw jacks to attach to the cradle to allow me to adjust it for level. Right now, I have to spend about 45 minutes back and forth using a floor jack and plywood shims.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Return to “Power Boats”