Barrelback hardware

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

quiet12

Barrelback hardware

Postby quiet12 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Old question with some updated answers(I hope)

I am really liking the Barrelback design and would like to know from anyone that has built it where can I get the stainless hardware for it? I have seen bits and pieces here and there(lights, air intakes, and exhaust ports) but what about the other stainless items like the bow plate, or some of the stainless trim I see on the barrel part of the transom.

Trying to get an over view of how to trim her out.

Jimbob

Re: Barrelback hardware

Postby Jimbob » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:15 pm

I am in the process of building a barrelback. I have tried to be as accurate as possible in replicating the original boat.
Here some sources for the authentic hardware items that I have found.

Cutwaters by Mike produces Cutwaters and the bands for the transom. He has a nice video on how to make a pattern.
Jim Thorpe at Buffalo Metal Works produces replica rub rails and also cutwaters. (did an excellent job on my rub rails)
California Classic Boats produces concourse quality reproduction hardware. Including steering wheels.
Jim Staub at Finewood Boats has nice authentic reproductions.
Classic Boat Connection has the stainless hatch hinges and the stainless trim pieces for the hatches and other various parts. (good source for lots of stuff)
C&C Fasteners has the stainless screws with the straight cut as opposed to phillips. (straight is accurate for the barrelback) You will need to polish them. (no big deal)
I also found a guy that sells restored boat horns like on the original boats.
All of the above can be found with a google search. All of the guys above have lots of information as to what is accurate the barrelback.

I have spent many hours researching for the deck hardware needed. The authentic parts are expensive but if you trying to do a reproduction, I feel they are worth it. I have obtained all of the items I will need except for the cutwater and transom bands. Feel free to ask me for anything you might need to find.

Jim Neeley
Jim Neeley
Building a Barrelback in Sacramento, CA

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Avi

The bow plates are called Cutwaters. They are custom. But, you'll get help here when the time comes. Other stainless, check here first. http://www.marineind.net/index.htm

If you will be in saltwater you need to look for 316 SS.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

quiet12

Postby quiet12 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks guys!

Return to “Power Boats”