1 Coat of Primer is on

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

zip001

1 Coat of Primer is on

Postby zip001 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:38 am

I finally got one coat of primer on last night. Seams like a huge milestone. I will do another coat later this morning then let those two coats set for three days and do a light sanding before the final coat. I went with the WR-LPU paint and Yatch Primer. I did not thin the primer at roll and I put it on with a fine synthetic brush and tip with another brush. It does dry fast so I am trying to learn as many lessons as I can while applying the primer so I will be somewhat (laughing) skilled by the time I get to the paint.

I did use the advice offered by several. I used a very wet mop and mopped the concrete floor all around and slightly under the boat about four time before I started to prime. I used a humidity gauge and got the humidity up to about 60%. I had plenty of time to tip before what I had applied dried and was always able to keep a good wet edge.

So far I like this product. No smell, easy to mix, very easy clean up. It even passed the wife approved test:)

I will post pics after the final coat. Thanks for all the advice regarding paints and application techniques.
We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready in the night to visit harm on those who would wish us evil.

Gayle Brantuk

Re: 1 Coat of Primer is on

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:12 am

Great to hear!
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

Return to “Power Boats”