Monaco trailer

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

keith

Monaco trailer

Postby keith » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Hello All

After 6+ years my Monaco is getting dangerously close to needing a trailer.

The second hand market here in NZ is mostly for plastic and ally outboard style trailers and generally single axle.

What I wanted to know from the Monaco / Riveria owners is how do single axle VS tandems fair. At 19" a some seems a bit small but there are quite a few on the market that might suit, or is it definitely a tandem job?

Also does anyone have some good designs for retrofitting a prop/rudder gaurd to a trailer?

Thanks
Building a Monaco....provisionally called "Serenity"
http://glen-l-monaco.blogspot.com/

Bill Edmundson

Re: Monaco trailer

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Keith

I have a single axle under the Tahoe, works fine. I think it is 2900# capacity. Mine is a Magic Tilt. You will need to move the rear bunks back some to get a 10% tongue weight. Mine over hang the end of the trailer frame by 4'.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Rich Coey

Re: Monaco trailer

Postby Rich Coey » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:04 pm

Keith,
I have a single axle too. Ten years and a lot of miles. Just keep tabs on tire condition and pressure, at the beginning of every trip I stop after a few miles for a bearing check and make sure the hubs are not hot.
Modifying a trailer for an outboard can be done, but like you mentioned you have to accommodate the inboard gear, plus may have to move the axles forward. Outboard trailers are setup to support most of the weight at the back. The most weight on inboards is more in the center.

Rich

Return to “Power Boats”