Malahini next step

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

dstribling

Malahini next step

Postby dstribling » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:41 am

Hello!

After many years (!) of working on my Malahini (it was upside down in my garden for a long time), it's now happily on a trailer.

Would you suggest I do a good job with sanding the inside, and encapsulate it next, before carrying on?

Just looking for a few encouraging tips, as I've been out of it for so long, and nearly gave up.

Thanks,

Darren
Attachments
DSC_0496.JPG

PeterG

Re: Malahini next step

Postby PeterG » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:55 pm

Glad to see you are back at it, that's a good looking hull you have there. Completing it now should be easy. Encapsulating now or later is more the builder's choice, there are pros and cons either way and many here will chime in with their preferences (all valid). You still have all your floor (sole) and deck structure to install, so I suggest holding off encapsulating until these are completed and you reach the point of installing the deck. Access to the interior will be easier without the deck in your way. You can then finish encapsulating the underside of the deck after it is installed. Speaking of access without the deck, you can pre-fit the steering and controls more easily at that time, it can help cut down on time spent lying on your back wrestling with overhead stuff.
Remember to feel free to ask questions, post pictures and have a lot of fun!
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
Griffin's Law: Murphy was an optimist.

Return to “Power Boats”