WHERE HAVE ALL THE OLD POST GONE?

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

MICHAEL WASSERMAN

WHERE HAVE ALL THE OLD POST GONE?

Postby MICHAEL WASSERMAN » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:47 am

This is for you guys at the home page....What happened to all the old posts? There was a lot of important build information that seems to be lost or at least disappeared...and I hope not forever. Will you be re listing some or all of them.....at least the information on the Crackerbox...please!!! :?[/b]

riddleywalker

Postby riddleywalker » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:53 am

There was a "problem with the forum" and we had to use a backup to restore. Unfortunately, the problem occurred over a period of time and although many of the posts were restored, some were not.

We have an older backup... from February that probably has all the old posts in it, but if we restore from it, all subsequent posts will be lost, including members. This does not seem to be a good option.

I do not know how to fix this. It would be possible to create a second, duplicate board with old posts, but do not know how to keep the databases separate.

I will be looking for a solution, but as of now, old posts are not available.

Riddley

MICHAEL WASSERMAN

Postby MICHAEL WASSERMAN » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:52 pm

I HOPE YOU CAN FIGURE SOMTHING OUT OTHERWISE ALOT OF US ARE GOING TO BE BUMMED OUT....THE INFO REALLY DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I'LL WAIT A WHILE AND THEN START ASKING QUESTIONS ONCE AGAIN TO THE SUBJECTS ALREADY COVERED...I JUST HOPE PEOPLE DON'T MIND REPEATING THEMSELVES....
THIS FORUM IS THE BIGGEST HELP IN GETTING A PROJECT RIGHT....MANY THANKS!
MICHAEL :D

Brian Eager

Postby Brian Eager » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:11 pm

Perhaps the info from the older postings could be listed in an archive, like the posts that were saved when the board changed formats back in 2003?

Brian
Noah was a first-time boatbuilder

MICHAEL WASSERMAN

Postby MICHAEL WASSERMAN » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:28 pm

That sounds good to me .... let's see how The Administrator handles it. :)

Return to “Power Boats”