small block engine for Riviera

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Yakima

small block engine for Riviera

Postby Yakima » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:08 pm

OK, I got the boat flipped- many thanks to Bill E- and now its time to locate an engine and tranny. I have been in touch with Michigan Motorz but they stopped answering my emails (I just wanted a schematic and copy of the warranty). Anyone have a contact for a crate marine engine?

Cheers! Greg

kens

Re: small block engine for Riviera

Postby kens » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:03 pm

this guy is quoting fresh water cooling on all
https://www.1800runsnew.com/crusader-engines/
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:53 am

I went with a new engine and transmission package from Crusader through Marysville Marine in Sun Prairie, WI. Marysville has other locations. Not sure where you are located.

I purchased the Captain's Choice 5.7 MPI 330hp V8. It is fresh water cooled with 5 year anti-freeze in the internal cooling system. It comes very complete with all cable mounts and wire harnesses for analog hookup and also includes the harnesses for digital control and gage packages. I only needed to purchase a harness extension for my analog hookup and a water separating filter. I used SeaStar cables and helm control for a perfect hookup to the transmission and throttle. Cable mounts are included on the engine and transmission. The package came with the main heat exchanger and also oil and transmission oil coolers I used a Velvet Drive Liberty "A" transmission with 1:1 ratio and 8 deg. down angle. Nicely adjustable mounts are also included on the engine and transmission.

Crusader has installation manuals that can be downloaded from their website. The manuals include installation drawings with critical mounting dimensions.

I worked with Brian Hunter at Marysville. My package was all new (not rebuilt) and ran about $16,000.00 for the whole package including harness and filter. It was very complete and was virtually a "drop in". You can get rebuilt for a lower price.

https://www.marysvillemarine.com/

http://www.crusaderengines.com/classic

I have been very happy with the performance of this setup and Marysville was very helpful and nice to work with.

Roberta :D
Attachments
Engine 003.JPG
exhaust system 011.JPG
Engine 011.JPG
Engine 008.JPG
Engine 007.JPG
Engine 001.JPG
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Mark-NJ

Postby Mark-NJ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:22 am

Is there anything sexier than a brand-new crate engine, bolted to a skid? Love it!

Congratulations & good luck on the installation!

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:36 am

Yes, When it is all in and up and running FINE!!! :D :D :D :D

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D
Attachments
hatch 002.JPG
IMG_1800.jpg
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Yakima

Postby Yakima » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:16 am

Once again I stand in awe of you Roberta! Thanks to everyone for their kind replies- and happy thanksgiving to you all.

Greg

Return to “Power Boats”