The first party boat

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Prtyboat

The first party boat

Postby Prtyboat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:07 pm

Hello y'all this is Bryan out of salt lake Utah. I originally started with plans for the gung ho. For the space and berths and amenities. Since then I've been aww struck at the design rendering of the party boat. I looked into deck boats but when it came down to it they were all just slightly improved bowriders. But the party boat not only allows for exceptional sporting sit an actual deck boat, as in I can see the ability to entertain and seat large numbers like an old party barge pontoon design, bit atop a hull which is not only efficient but allows for a multitude of other usages. From towing skiers to fishing. I've ordered all the wood and basic hull materials and will start in the next two weeks. I started this thread to hopefully not only obtain the design rendering but improve on it. Anyhow wish me luck

hoodman

Re: The first party boat

Postby hoodman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:21 pm

Awesome and welcome to the forum. That rendering sure opened a lot of eyes to what could be done with that design.

DrBryanJ

Postby DrBryanJ » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:11 am

This will be interesting to watch as it is the first one. Good luck! Post lots of pictures
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."

Ronb172

Postby Ronb172 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:54 am

I'd be interested in what you are building. I live in Lake Point out towards Tooele. I've build 2 small boats and 3 paddle boards, so I'm done building stuff. Looking for a pontoon boat now.
Squirt almost ready to get wet
Building my third SUP.
Started the Topper build.

Prtyboat

Postby Prtyboat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Its great to hear from you all, it really feels like a great warm community. I've spent the last week waiting for my wood order doing endless research to try and save a buck here and there. However i've come to the conclusion based off more than reputable boat builders that when it comes to building the hull whether it be epoxy wood or any other miscellaneous needs you'll be glad you paid more. so i've ordered about 500 in west systems epoxy products, 650 in all silicone bronze fasteners and to say the least the whole nine yards. I will say that im at a loss to explain certain things like the glen l fastener kit priced at well over 50% of reputable dealers. i can understand discrepancies in the fiberglassing
kit and all others, but i am perplexed when it comes down to bulk fasteners. Any who just my rambling based on the last week. Ronb172 im glad to hear there are some fellow glen lers in utah i imagined i would be an island. Id love to hear about your experience with the 2 boats you've built. DrBryanJ i gotta say i've seen plenty of wife quotes but yours takes the cake for me, fortunately enough im only 20 so i've yet to deal with these confines. Any who i'm glad to hear from yall and am sure the banter will develop over the course of this builds. Cheers boys!

Prtyboat

Postby Prtyboat » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Just finished getting all the materials. I have done the stem and frame number 4 which is the suggested first frame.

Prtyboat

Postby Prtyboat » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:17 pm

1521598537480281103537.jpg

mrintense

Postby mrintense » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 pm

And so it begins again !! :D :D :D . Looking forward to seeing progress.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

mattmays

Postby mattmays » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:06 pm

Is there some updates and pictures you could put up? I'm excited about this build.

az426hemi

Postby az426hemi » Mon May 14, 2018 3:28 am

Have you been able to make any progress?

Mike

eckie63

Postby eckie63 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi, I have just purchased the plans for this boat myself so I will follow along with your project if you don't mind.
A couple of years ago I built a small 13' 9" runabout from Popular Mechanics called PM38. It was my first venture into boat building.
I am planning to make this my second project but I don't know when I will get started. It may be a while before I'll have the space for it.

Good luck! I can't wait to see your progress!
My previous project: Popular Mechanics PM38 from 1962 (Not a Glen-L design though)
A neat method for steam bending in place.
Using Tractor paint for your boat. Great for trailered boats.

Return to “Power Boats”