Is it possible to instal a transon door in the double eagle?

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

chico_andrade

Is it possible to instal a transon door in the double eagle?

Postby chico_andrade » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:24 am

Hi All,

May I cut the transon of the double eagle and put a door ? I wish a easy way to the swim platform, specially with scuba tanks on the back.

Thanks
chico

basilkies

Re: Is it possible to instal a transon door in the double ea

Postby basilkies » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:21 pm

chico_andrade wrote:Hi All,

May I cut the transon of the double eagle and put a door ? I wish a easy way to the swim platform, specially with scuba tanks on the back.

Thanks
chico

If you keep it simple by keeping the bottom of the door above the transom this would solve a lot of problems. First your motor would still have a secure mount and second you wouldn't have to worry about leaky door.

Besides, you only need a little extra room so you don't have to step over the transom.

The other way to do it would be to re-enforce the transom with some longitudinal stringers to anchor the part of your transom that the motor is on. I would look at it more like building a transom in the middle to hold the motor without the sides. Then build the sides.

Another option is to go for a design that has an option of a raised floor plan. It is possible to build a boat without a transom and just an engine mount. The floor is high enough that water can wash in but it just drains out. Now, you don't have to go so far as to not have transom, but you get the idea.

Return to “Power Boats”