Biss's Malahini Build

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Biss

Re: Biss's Malahini Build

Post by Biss »

I'm still working the fitment of the tank. I was planning to fabricate some aluminum brackets to interface with the clamp locations on the sides of the tank. I also have some thin padding (silicone, I believe) that I will be using under the tank/clamps. Regarding the expansion, you are exactly right; I will need to make some adjustments to my platform sides to account for this. Thanks for pointing that out!

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

If you need cheap neoprene get a pack of those anti-fatigue floor mats. Easy to cut to size.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Sarnian

Post by Sarnian »

Biss - the advantage of you being ahead of me....I get to see what it takes to get your tank placement to work. It feels like cheating a little bit. But only a little bit. If you could stay about a month ahead of me for the remainder of the build that would be very helpful.....:D

beautiful work btw. Much neater than me.

Biss

Post by Biss »

If thats cheating, then I've been cheating a bunch! This forum and the various build logs have helped me so much.

Best of luck with your build and thanks for the complements.

Biss

Post by Biss »

Well, I got the opportunity to work on the boat a little today. I was able to get the gauge cluster/dash all worked out. Dash is the same African mahogany as the rest of the boat and the inlay is hard maple. I plan to add some pull switches and a push botton under the large gauges (Blige, lights, horn).
20190119_170354.jpg
20190119_170145.jpg
20190119_170416.jpg

garrech

Post by garrech »

Looks great!

bstrong

Post by bstrong »

That is looking so good!!! :D

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Really cool dash
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

footer

Post by footer »

Wow, Your dash is beautiful. I love the maple inlay. I'm still up in the air about my design.

Biss

Post by Biss »

I appreciate all the compliments. I've been working on the interior lately. I have the front buckets and rear bench pretty far along. Still have some more ply to add in various locations.

Lots of head scratching going on when working on the interior! I'm attempting to fabricate the bench seat to have both a hinged back and bottom. The bottom will raise up like a lid on a box and the back will lay down flat on the bottom. Not sure it is really worth it, but hopefully it will work out...

I also picked up a used bass boat trailer for 100 bucks! Its going to need some work, but I think it has good bones!
Front seats
Front seats
Rear bench
Rear bench
Used trailer
Used trailer

bstrong

Post by bstrong »

Your moving along, and your work looks great! :D

footer

Post by footer »

Its always cool to see framework going together. Looking good. Nice trailer for a 100 bucks.

Sarnian

Post by Sarnian »

I don't know if this is useful Biss - but I just received this fill hose from Go2Marine - and it's pretty flexible. I think flexible enough to make the wedge tank work and to have the fill on the edge.

Trident, 327 Series, Type A2 Fuel Fill Hose, 1-1/2", per Foot (https://www.go2marine.com/product/24308 ... -hose.html)

I am thinking about using an angled deck fuel fill, something like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 91805.html

I did also think about taking an inch off the top of the fuel fill tube coming out of the tank, just to give me a little more wiggle room but I'm not sure I'll need to and not sure how legit this is.

Anyway - not sure if this is helpful - but thought I would share.
best

Biss

Post by Biss »

I really appreciate this info! I'll be giving the hose you suggested a try. I've been working a bunch on the interior and still need to get back to tank fitment. I thought if I stalled a few days you'd have your tank worked out and I could copy!!

Thanks again, Biss

Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I had a similar problem on my boat. My hose had to go from my classic filler fitting to the tank filler that was in a different location. The "S" curve the hose had to make didn't work, so I got a fitting (see pic below) that screwed into my filler fixture. I also had to get a connector to make it all work. After installing, the only bend in the hose was where it connected at the tank. Below is a link to where I got mine.

http://www.downwindmarine.com/Hose-Conn ... 90814.html

Jim
Attachments
890814.jpg
890814.jpg (9.62 KiB) Viewed 3916 times
Jim Neeley
Building a Barrelback in Sacramento, CA
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28089#p172969

Return to “Power Boats”