Stiletto from MD

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

hoodman

Re: Stiletto from MD

Post by hoodman »

It's also common to add a little to the chine if necessary. I ended up doing that in order to get the angle right between the chine and sheer.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Ga-Steve

Post by Ga-Steve »

Yes. Like Hoodman, I had to laminate some to the chine. It helped me to draw a dividing line down the chine. Top half for the chine to keel... bottom half from chine to sheer.

keenancr1

Post by keenancr1 »

Been busy the last month, starting to make progress again. Need to trim a bit more off the bottom lip but i may wait to do that until I flip it.
20200928_124315.jpg
Sanding down the glue, then prepping for fiberglass. My understanding is its recommended to do a full epoxy coat, sand, then apply fiberglass is that right?

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

You don't have to but that is what I did since I found that the ply soaked up a good bit of epoxy. I felt that would make it easier to wet out the cloth.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

footer

Post by footer »

You can, won't hurt at all, but you can go right to fiberglassing.
I laid the cloth down first, then I tried the pour it on and squeegee it in, method and worked it back and fourth until I could see all the wood was wet underneath. The sides, I laid the cloth, then rolled it out. Results were the same.

Return to “Power Boats”