Windshield brackets, farmer style[OT];<}

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:08 am

No i haven't. Are you documenting this build somewhere where we can follow along?

Naw, I only saw the photo in your previous post and could see that the workmanship is very nice. You should not be so self-effacing about your skills. :?
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:11 am

Yes its documented on that "other" place in designs and plans. I don't like to dirty the feet of the fine folks here by sending them on a secondary road. :lol: I did see you there one time in the not so distant past though. Please feel free to stick your head in if you pass that way, if you are not afraid to partake of "Forbidden Fruit"[hint, hint] .

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Well I thought I would pop in and say a hi and say that I got the bottom done and rolled it and left off the last two planks and began to do the inside and cabin before I finished planking the boat. Its much easier that way. I can step across the shot side without using any ladder and step out and do all my cutting and stuff with ease.

I began the top at the points of what it will be installed along in the finished boat. The trunk part will get another eight inches between the finished part and the wheel house.
I am beginning to glue up the top beginning with the overhang now.
I installed the dash with an almost cutout hatch area for the entrance into the foward quarters.

the stiffener under the edge keeps it crowned until I get the trim moulding on

I also lined the trunk area with White Cedar and will varnish the piees and also use sealing strips foward along the hull sides to make it nice and light and also give it a nice smell too.

When I finish the sides and install the foward deck with the trunk in it, I can just lift the house up and connect it to the covering boards and side frames with the bulkhead for the foward cabin. Thanks for the bandwitdh. I still look in and try to follow folks projects here.

Dave Grason

Re: Windshield brackets, farmer style[OT];<}

Postby Dave Grason » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:26 pm

To whom ever it may concern, I wonder if there is any way to recover the photos from this thread?

These were pretty important because they showed how Mike Fonville (Oyster) built his windshields from wood. These were absolutely fantastic and i would really hate to not have them to use as future reference.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Mark-NJ

Postby Mark-NJ » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:06 pm

That "Cat Icon" is photobucket's "null placeholder". PB has had several corruptions & crashes since 2009 when these photos were posted, so I suspect the html links went down the drain.....thus the cat icon. I've experienced this with PB myself on other forums, the result being the need to re-post all links. Not fun.

Assuming the pics still exist in Oyster's PB account, the only way to rebuild this thread would be to re-write all the img.../img syntax links.

And Oyster hasn't posted in over a year according to his stats, so I wouldn't hold my breath about the links being re-built anytime soon. Besides, that would be a lot of re-posting effort.....value notwithstanding.

**OR**...Oyster simply deleted the photos from his PB account and the links now point to nothing and PB defaults to the cat icon.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:35 am

Well... I was afraid of all that. And this is a real shame because I had studied these particular photos at length when they WERE up. These particular photos were an absolute WEALTH of information for someone wanting to build a wooden framed windshield. In my opinion, they were better than the frames often done by Van Dam.

I've sent a PM to Oyster but have not yet received any reply. It may be that he just needs time to check his email.

Return to “Power Boats”