Rosekey- G

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

gregggrundon

Rosekey- G

Post by gregggrundon »

I hate to post pics of my boat next to Maumarti's- it's not fair to him and all his beautiful work.
But, I've been trying, and I guess that counts for a little.
I'll need some help figuring out shaft coupling, ect.
and Thanks to you guy's who were worrying with me while the engine delivery was hung up for six months.
The bottom was painted two coats yesterday, new trailer bunks are being built today. Maybe I can start installing the engine next week.
I'll let you know.
Aloha,
http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r318 ... 1227443193[/url]
Jolly Roger 30'(Extended)
Marshall Islands, R. M. I.

gregggrundon

Pics

Post by gregggrundon »

Sorry,
I got some dirty underwear photo's in there too. I thought I could edit them out but, maybe not? IF you have questions, like why am I bothering you people on this forum, just send them along.
Aloha,
Gregg

Dave Grason

Re: Rosekey- G

Post by Dave Grason »

gregggrundon wrote:I hate to post pics of my boat next to Maumarti's- it's not fair to him and all his beautiful work.
Whattarya talkin 'bout? Everything looks on par to me.

Seriously, you look like you're making really excellent progress. I wish I could take a swing by your house to give you a hand but darn that commute would be just a little on the wet side.

So how many kids do you have? I didn't know if all the kids in photos were yours or you just borrowed them for the "human interest" appeal.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Looks like it's coming along great Greg

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

:D She's looking great :!:

You've come a long way. But, it looks like you have some good help. Sure want to see her on the water.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Fifty Plus

Post by Fifty Plus »

Gregg,

Maybe I have a bad memory (yes) or maybe I wasn't paying attention :shock: but I didn't grasp how big a project you had going. :)
Considering what you started with, your work is turning out better than great.
Bring on the questions about engine mounting and shaft couplings etc. we need somthing to ponder and get our minds off other things.(besides boat building)
Keep the pics coming, can't wait to see her in the water. :wink:

Carl
Last edited by Fifty Plus on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

rasorinc

Jolly Roger

Post by rasorinc »

Nice pictures. I have always liked your boat. Please post pics when you lput her in the water. P.S. Are we going to be losing our lease ? Stan
Wood lasts generations.

BruceDow

Post by BruceDow »

Gregg:

she is looking great. I can't wait to see her in the water.

On one of your photos, you said something like "the shiny paint hides a lot of errors". Well you must not have many errors, because on most boats, the shiny paint HIGHLIGHTS them.

Good Work! Keep it up.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason »

Greg, I have a question.

Does your wife still think this is just firewood in the shape of a boat? Didn't she say that a few years back?

And I was wondering what the big round building in the background is?

Ok, I'm sorry, that's 3 questions.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

billy c

Post by billy c »

Greg-
Beautiful job on the restoration! Really has come a long ways since the first pictures you shared with us!! Hope you have a skyhook to get that new engine aboard :D
-Billy
(insert Witty phrase here)
Billy's Belle Isle website

Amm

Post by Amm »

Awesome stuff.

I wonder, if you where cautious, could you navigate around the world in the Jolly Roger?

gregggrundon

Update

Post by gregggrundon »

Hi guy's,
Thanks for the encouragement. Three of those kids are mine. with a couple more and a couple grandsons in Hawaii. We may loose our lease herein 2016. We'll have to wait and see.
The engine should fit through the hole where the wall used to be. I'll lift it with a forklift and chain-fall. 550lbs. no big deal.
The mechanical engineer will be here Monday to figure out the mounting brackets.
Rosekey still doesn't appreciate the boat; but, I did give it her name; so, she can't get too jealous, Right?
It's really just a matter of time and money now. I still want to add "Thebalancedrig" square sailing rig. as a second means of propulsion.
There's still Radio's, running lights, sonar, gps, electrical panels, batteries, tinned wire, seawater input strainer, and lots filters.
My fuel tanks are still in the shop. for the last six months! I need to kick their buts.
It'll get done...
Aloha,
Gregg

gregggrundon

roundhouse

Post by gregggrundon »

Dave,
the round building is called the roundhouse; it houses a sixties era antenna, and, has been used for years as a place for guy's to work on their boats out of the weather. It's been condemned for the past couple of years, but, they'll never spend the money to tear it down.
Gregg

Return to “Power Boats”