BoJest outboard motorwell

Questions about modifying a design

Moderators: ttownshaw, billy c

MikeRo

BoJest outboard motorwell

Postby MikeRo » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:05 am

Hi , i want to make a well to my bo jest , but i need some advices/dimension , can anyone help me please? i found some pics on glen builders archive but i'm in the dark :(
pic122i.jpg
pic122i.jpg (13.21 KiB) Viewed 256 times
pic122g.jpg
pic122c.jpg

the engine that i want to buy is an yamaha 9.9 highthrust

thanks

chugalug

Re: BoJest outboard motorwell

Postby chugalug » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:31 am

:D Nice to see another Bo-Jest builder.Is the pics of your boat?I liked the idea of a well but since I didn't extend hull,I didn't have the room so built outboard motor opening on back.Maybe you could get ideas from Bill Edmondson's bartender build.or maybe he could chime in. :D
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:09 am

Mike

These are the basic dimensions you'll need. http://www.glen-l.com/modifying-the-mot ... all-boats/ One of the limiting factors is which steering you use. Telflex cable takes a wider well than hydraulic. Hydraulic cost a lot more. My well is completely enclosed and has a fold down plug to fill the rear part of the box. The approach in your pictures won't require that plug. The basic approach is to build the mount like is the transom then extend the boat around it.

You can start to see mine +/- page 16 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12277&start=225
Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

MikeRo

Postby MikeRo » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:39 pm

chugalug wrote::D Nice to see another Bo-Jest builder.Is the pics of your boat?I liked the idea of a well but since I didn't extend hull,I didn't have the room so built outboard motor opening on back.Maybe you could get ideas from Bill Edmondson's bartender build.or maybe he could chime in. :D

no it isn't my boat in the pics , i found them on glen pics archives...i will extend my bo jest to 21 ft , so i can make the motor well , but i don't know the dimensions and the angles of it..:(

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Mike

The angle of the motor board is usually about 12 deg. Go to an engine dealer and ask for dimensional drawing of your engine of choice. That will show you the transom angle, the sweep angle & distance the powerhead moves, and much more about the engine.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Design Modifications”