2 Berth Classic Barrel Back

Questions about modifying a design

Moderators: ttownshaw, billy c

Hoppoz

2 Berth Classic Barrel Back

Post by Hoppoz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:40 pm

I'm looking to build a Classic Barrel Back but would like to include a forward 2 Berth cabin along the lines of the Bravado deep Vee Overnighter.

Is this possible and has anyone done this before?

Thanks

Bill Edmundson

Re: 2 Berth Classic Barrel Back

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Hoppoz and Cossyboy

I can't recommend these drastic changes to the base designs.

I have seen the Yon'e 22. You can't call it a Tahoe in any respect. Instead of a negative 30 degree transom it has a positive 14 degree transom. The transom is much wider and deep vee. Not a shallow vee. I never saw it running on the water. So, I don't know about performance.

A BB with a berth would require probably a Monte Carlo or a Miss Chris to be big enough. You will probably need to give up half of the front cockpit to make room. Again, going to a deep vee changes the running hull.

I would suggest, that you find a hull design that you like and change it above the waterline.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

tug

Re: 2 Berth Classic Barrel Back

Post by tug » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:30 pm

I know this is an older post, I came across a picture of a 1929 Chris Craft Sedan named "Topper". I think this is one of the coolest barrel backs I have ever seen, and might fit the bill nicely for the OP.

tug
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (34.6 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
image.jpg

Return to “Design Modifications”