Tahoe-verniter

Questions about modifying a design

Moderators: ttownshaw, billy c

Brad Tucker

Re: Tahoe-verniter

Postby Brad Tucker » Mon May 15, 2017 1:01 pm

If you decide to put a flat sun deck like a Riva, and a berth up front, you're going to have to do a lot of fanagling on freeboard on a Tahoe23 plan. I'm not saying it can't be done, but the plan is limited in both. The clearance over the engine is minimal, and the space under the front deck is limited. I'm just saying that. Originally, I wanted a Riva style sundeck, but opted out due to engine clearance. Aspirated 351 Ford for info purposes.

gap998

Postby gap998 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:55 pm

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition! ...:lol: :lol:

The boat is 7650mm (7.65m) long - I started with a Tahoe 23' sketched from the catalogue drawing; stretched it to 24' (closest metric) and there is about an extra foot or so as a result of the freeboard increase over the stem angle - So 25' ish in old money. :wink:

It is only a sketch model, but I get what Carl said about the structure - I had some Ideas about relieving some of the frames at the centre and reinforcing either side of the walkway and the stem - FEA on the CAD calculated it was OK but as I said it's only a sketch model so hardly accurate.

The Jaguar AJ133 V8 (and the V8 Diesel) are really compact, the supercharger pretty much fits between the cylinder heads. The option of a twin set of Peugeot Diesels is also quite low as they incline from vertical, also there is significantly more freeboard than a standard Tahoe remember and there is also a more pronounced arch to the deck for more clearance at the centre.

Tahoe 25 Comparison.jpg

Tahoe-Rama Front View.jpg

Tahoe-Rama Cutaway.jpg

The female mannequin on the head is 5'7" and the Male mannequin is 5' 10" - again, just a sketch to prove the concept - Possible? Yes... Spacious & easy to achieve? Absolutely not! :lol:
Gary

Planning a whole fleet, but starting with a Zip...I think.

"Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, someone builds a better idiot!"

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon May 15, 2017 2:18 pm

:lol: I think she's doing it in her pants. :roll: Sorry.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

gap998

Postby gap998 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:44 am

:lol: :lol:
Gary

Planning a whole fleet, but starting with a Zip...I think.

"Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, someone builds a better idiot!"

FFguy08

Postby FFguy08 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:18 pm

I really like the Tahoe and I really like the features of the Riva it is famous for... Numerous people probably feel the same about the 2 designs... Wonder why Glen didn't design a version of the Tahoe to incorporate some of that character with a Glen L touch??? Bet it would be a popular plans set!!!
:idea: :?: 8)
Shane 8)
Greenwood, Indiana

He who has the most toys, wins!
ZL1 = CharliZe
Tahoe 23 = OverKill (under construction), Blog www.facebook.com/projectOverKillTahoe23

Rivafan

Postby Rivafan » Tue May 30, 2017 2:05 pm

I have searched the internet high and low for boat plans like the one above. While I like the amount of info available on glen l boats none of them grab me like a Riva. What would it take to realize the tahoe-overnighter above.
Im ready to build that boat now!!!!
Jonathan

Return to “Design Modifications”