Runabout Fuel Tank Options

Questions about modifying a design

Moderators: ttownshaw, billy c

Stromz

Re: Runabout Fuel Tank Options

Postby Stromz » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Kevin Morin wrote:Hope I didn't add confusion to the tank location vs trim discussion, I was trying to observe the two centers, floatation/at rest lift (CB) and gravity (CG) as two different considerations. Related & dynamic centers but with different considerations to 'balance' the two- (pun intended.)

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK

Kevin - you did not add confusion. I understand your comments and very much appreciate your thoughts. You guys have all given me much to think about and I can't thank you enough. Since I happen to be an engineer myself, hearing you guys talk tech is awesome!! I love it and totally get into that sort of thing. Thank you again.

David
Last edited by Stromz on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hercdrvr

Postby Hercdrvr » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:11 am

I'm putting Malahini tank just aft of frame #1. It's a15 gallon low profile style tank. Played around with mounting it under the bow but it looked awkward and was taking up my leg room. No offense Chris A. , Zip with bow mounted tank.
Powering Boat with a 90 2stroke Yamaha so 15 gallons should just make the 70 miles round trip Tennessee river run next year.
Matt B
Attachments
IMG_1553.JPG

Andy Garrett

Postby Andy Garrett » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:45 pm

I have a 13 gallon tank under the bow of my Zip.

I just does not need that much fuel. I put 4-5 gallons in it and run all weekend.

It is also a long way to the motor. The fuel pump isn't quite strong enough on my 40 year old Mercury, so I reach down and give the bulb a squeeze every few minutes under way just to be sure.
This little issue had me thinking something was wrong with my motor last season.

I wont be changing my set up-up anytime soon, but I would do it differently if just starting out.
Andy Garrett

Perhaps the slowest Zip build in Glen-L history...

Return to “Design Modifications”