Jet Powered Squirt Video

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Gayle Brantuk

Jet Powered Squirt Video

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Fri May 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Take a look at the video of Terry McIntyre and his jet powered Squirt. This was taken at the 2010 Gathering in Tennessee. Terry did an awesome job!
http://www.glen-l.com/wordpress/jet-squirt-funabout-builder-interview

powerman777

Re: Jet Powered Squirt Video

Postby powerman777 » Fri May 20, 2011 3:07 pm

THAT IS A NICE BOAT!!! :) :D

Vlad

Postby Vlad » Fri May 20, 2011 3:44 pm

That's my dream boat. Nice, very nice! If somebody knows one like this for sale please PM me.
Squirt - planning stage

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Fri May 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Terry is having too much fun.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

terrymc

Postby terrymc » Sat May 21, 2011 8:10 am

Dave,
If only you knew how much fun I've had! Although I didn't mention it at the tie, at the Gathering I just didn't feel quite right. When I got home I went to the doctor, and discovered that I had a major heart problem - I ended up with open heart surgery on 12/6 for replacement of my aortic heart valve, and about 2/3 of my aorta. No fun whatsoever! It has been a long, long road back, but I'm getting there. Just the last mon or so I'm starting to feel "normal", though I still get tired easily, and I've about given up hope that my chest will ever stop hurting.

I just checked out the forum for the first time in a while - looks
Ike a Loy has been going on. I did get a kick out of you video - particularly the "red sports car"line. When I decided that I was going to live (it was iffy for a couple of months) I went out a bought a new red Corvette. My son calls it my "near death experience" car.

Soon as I get the house back in shape (you wouldn't believe how bad things can get when you do nothing for 6 months), I'm going to start the frame layout for the Stiletto...

Peace,

TRM

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sat May 21, 2011 9:03 am

Long time no sea....Glad things are working out for you Terry.

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sat May 21, 2011 10:37 am

Terry - so glad to hear that you found out about the issue and the Docs with the Lord's guidance was able to get you taken care of. I cannot imagine the process that you had to go thru.

So take it easy and live as the song says "as if it was your last day"

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Sat May 21, 2011 12:28 pm

I guess thats what 50mph in a Squirt does to your heart. :shock: Glad to hear youre on the upside Terry. What a scare. Hope youre enjoying the Vette!

For those that werent at G5, Terry's boat looks even better in person, the finish on it is excellent.

steve crawford

Postby steve crawford » Sat May 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Wow.. got a peek at what Terry looks like after all these... well 5 yrs.
Man you have had one heck of a time.. hope nothing but smooth sailing for you from here on out.... and again nice boat :wink:

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon May 23, 2011 2:20 pm

Wow Terry--I'm so thankful you're okay now. That must have been quite an ordeal. Another reminder that each day is a blessing and there's no guarantee that there will be another. I hope for many more for you friend... besides I want to see your next boat! :)

terrymc

Postby terrymc » Tue May 24, 2011 6:48 am

All,

Thanks for the kind words. Open heart surgery is not for the faint of heart! Take the worst thing that has ever happened to you, and multiply it by 5' and that will give a decent approximation of what it's like. Still, my life expectancy has gone from 17 weeks to 17 years, and every morning I wake up and thank God for a day that I realistically couldn't expect to have, and ask Him to bless the doctors and nurses at Stanford that fixed me. I am so blessed...

On to better subjects. When Moira, my oldest grandkid, watched the video, she told her sister, "Grandpa is going to build you your own boat - I don't have to share mine with you!"
Wasn't exactly what I had in mind...

Peace,

TRM

Return to “Jet Ski Power”