Squirt Update

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

pamelalynne1

Squirt Update

Postby pamelalynne1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Finally, almost finished. The seats came this afternoon, so I "just had to" install them. :D I'm wondering if they're overkill; but they are comfortable. In the next few days I'll be getting a trailer to fit and then registering the boat. Looking forward to the launch.
I still don't know how I got them in that small cockpit.jpg
Seats installed today July 14th.jpg

areame

Re: Squirt Update

Postby areame » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Looks great! I'm jealous you're so close to launching ha. What else do you have to finish besides the registration and trailer?

pamelalynne1

Postby pamelalynne1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:20 pm

UM... I need to connect the choke cable and fasten the throttle control and switch plate to the side panel. I want to get black screws to match the switch plate. :D Besides, I'm spending most of my time working on the Stiletto. I'm hoping to finish that in the next month or so and get it sold. I need the money for the next build. The great thing about working part time and having 4 days a week for the boats is I can get a lot done quickly. It is a bit scarey building the Stiletto on speculation. That's why I didn't just jump into building a Monaco, Barrelback or Tahoe.

pamelalynne1

Postby pamelalynne1 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:49 pm

I "launched" the jet boat tonight about 8 PM. I needed to switch trailers, so I thought I'd see if it would float. I had started it it for a couple of minutes in the yard; but it wouldn't keep running when I tried to take it for a little spin. I checked the manual and the only thing I can surmise is tha
I still don't have that cleat for the stern I may have to reorder it.jpg
t it is a problem with the rpm limiter. It is supposed to have a return line to the fuel tank that runs through a limiter valve. I had tried to isolate it as I don't have a return fitting on my fuel tank. I had plugged it into the module and just plugged the outlet. Not all models had this limiter and I'm wondering if I can just eliminate it altogether.
I also haven't gotten the ski tow cleat I ordered. It was out of stock. I might just get another Perko cleat to match the bow. I'm glad the water is calm where I docked her. I wouldn't want to lose my stern light.
At least it floats.jpg

It does look cute alongside the big cruisers on the river. :D

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:57 pm

:D Congrats!!! Have fun with your new toy!!

Roberta :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

pamelalynne1

Postby pamelalynne1 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:28 pm

I finally had some time today after working on the Stiletto to take the Squirt out and play with the high speed jet. Ther trouble is, the faster I seem to go the less the speedometer wants to register. I'm thinking the angle of the pitot is off as most transoms are slanted 15 degrees and mine is perpendicular. Lots of fun though.
Squirt jet heading west on the Mohawk.jpg
DON'T LOOK BACK!!!.jpg

BulldogBoater

Postby BulldogBoater » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Ther trouble is, the faster I seem to go the less the speedometer wants to register.

Mine has the same problem. I think it might be because at high speed the tube is hardly in the water as I skip along the chop. I'll be changing to a GPS speedo.

KB
"I'm not trying to get it perfect. I'm trying to get it finished!"
www.tubbytug.com

Return to “Jet Ski Power”