Jet ski engine in a tiny mite, is it possible?

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Stevegillett

Jet ski engine in a tiny mite, is it possible?

Postby Stevegillett » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:44 am

Hello,

I'd first and foremost like to come out and admit that I am a total novice when It comes to boat building. As on right now I've acquired a 650 cc waverunner with a recently rebuilt engine but the body has seen far better days. I've been looking around for options to rebuild the engine into a boat. My best results so far have been the squib and the dyno jet. Those both look like great options but I couldn't help but be drawn to the sleek design of the tiny mite. Would it be possible to outfit that model of boat with a jet ski engine or is there not enough room in the back end to fit it all in. Or some other reason that my novice eyes can't pick up on. Also, even if it were possible, would it be too complex for a novice like myself to pull off? Thanks for your time and sorry if this was a dumb question. Everyones gotta start somewhere.

steve crawford

Re: Jet ski engine in a tiny mite, is it possible?

Postby steve crawford » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:38 am

Looks like it would work ,move cockpit up front...might have to lengthen the hull a foot, I did with my TNT...go for it :)

Stevegillett

Postby Stevegillett » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks for the reply Steve. As much as I'd like to try out the Tiny Might with a jet, I just don't think I have the skill or experience to ensure that i do the modifications properly, so I think I'm just gonna play it safe with the Dyno. I think I'd been secretly hoping someone had already jetted a Tiny Might so I could follow their lead, but no such luck :( . Maybe I'll try something a little more daring on the next craft I make.

steve crawford

Postby steve crawford » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:15 pm

That will be an easy build..If you want to do mods.. do them to the deck...

Stevegillett

Postby Stevegillett » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Well, I've been doing a lot more research over the last month or so. The Tiny mite would be pointless to try to jet and nearly impossible to do so. I've definitely given up the idea of trying to jet one.

I've bought plans to build a squirt, and after being realistic about my boat building background (I've never built a boat before), I've decided to just build a regular squirt. Cutting a giant hole in the transom and bottom is just too risky for me with my inexperience.

I think that at this point if I had the confidence to build the boat of my dreams it would be a jet powered bullet. The size and space in the rear just looks like the boat was made for a jet. The extra foot and a bit would make the higher speeds less scary, and the wedge shaped design really hearkens to modern jet boats.

http://www.glen-l.com/picboards/picboar ... 1096a.html

Imagine Jack Lundquists boat with a jet in the back instead of it instead of a 4 stroke.

There've been jet powered squirts and jet powered tnts. I just wish someone had tried a jet powered bullet. And I wish I had the guts to do it. :(

Return to “Jet Ski Power”