Dyno Jet

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Scubaru Steve

Dyno Jet

Post by Scubaru Steve » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:54 am

i am about to start build a dyno jet, has anyone else on the board completed one?
also how far is it possible to put the jet out the back of the boat? i see most on here are barely past the transom. i would love the extra performance and they look awesome as well!
has anyone played with trim adjustments and how the affect the boat? anyone needing a ride plate to help it get on plane faster?

I original wanted a 4stroke power plant for the added punch and fuel economy but then i started thinking about the weight.
im sure a 650cc and up will give the boat decent power? any suggestions and ideas would be great!

thanks, Steve

Speedy

Re: Dyno Jet

Post by Speedy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:26 am

Steve,

i am started to build a Dyno Jet and will start a posting here. I have a Kawasaki 650sx as donor. The jetski makes about 80 Km/h ~ 43 Mph for me thats fast enough :)

Paul

Scubaru Steve

Post by Scubaru Steve » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:09 am

cool, i found a tigershark 900, someones willing to trade for my dirtbike, still unsure if that will be to heavy or eve fit, so i need to do some figuring.

JasonG

Post by JasonG » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:18 pm

I believe the 3 cylinder 900 will be to long to fit. I'm using a 640 Monte Carlo as the donor for my dyno-jet. If you look at speedy's picture with engine behind the seat, there isn't a whole lot of room left over. I don't have the seat in mine yet but I figure about 41-42 inches is the length limit.

Jason

Speedy

Post by Speedy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 pm

JasonG wrote:I believe the 3 cylinder 900 will be to long to fit. I'm using a 640 Monte Carlo as the donor for my dyno-jet. If you look at speedy's picture with engine behind the seat, there isn't a whole lot of room left over. I don't have the seat in mine yet but I figure about 41-42 inches is the length limit.

Jason

Thats correct 42 inches is the max but i think its safer and easier to go max 40 inches so you have some space around the engine

Speedy
Greetings Paul

Return to “Jet Ski Power”