Jet squirt build in The Netherlands

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Bryan

Jet squirt build in The Netherlands

Postby Bryan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:13 am

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the process of building a Jet Squirt (not that i have actually gotten to the point of it looking like a boat yet, more a few loose parts laying around an the frame it will rest on hahaha)

I'n the beginning I though about making it electric but after a lot of research and contacting companies it turns out that the squirt is just a too small of a boat to cope will the the extra weight from the batteries :(.

So then my thoughts got fixed on making a jet squirt out of it, as i have seen here many before me have done. :D

I'm just wondering what kind of Jet Ski motor/unit would be most suitable for the squirt?

I have my eyes on a kawasaki 900zxi 110 horsepower 900cc 3cylinder Jet Ski or a Polaris SL 900 with the same specs. Both with a top speed of 100 kmh (62mph)
Wouldn't this be too much for the squirt?
Building a Jet squirt atm. Need Help :D. If you live in the Netherlands plz message we if you would like to help me

Bryan

Re: Jet squirt build in The Netherlands

Postby Bryan » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:20 am

I've made some alterations to the drawings to accommodate the jet drive (also stretched it by 10%)
And draw in some of the wood work that will go on the deck

Jet mod + 10% stretch copy.jpg
Building a Jet squirt atm. Need Help :D. If you live in the Netherlands plz message we if you would like to help me

DSR

Re: Jet squirt build in The Netherlands

Postby DSR » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:07 pm

Hi Bryan, just stopped by to say hi and welcome. I'm a newbie also and I'm glad to see another "squirt" boat in the making ( pun completely intended :D ).
I almost decided on doing a Squirt also but the drag boat lover in me made me go with a TNT instead. The stretch to 12' on the hull helped with that decision too.
I like the concept drawing you did. Looks very nice!
I will say that you'll probably run into the same issue I'm currently working on which will be the overall length of the power train on the higher-powered jetskis. With my TNT stretched I'll have 33" from frame 1 to the transom and even with modifying the pump housing / shortening the prop shaft to reduce the power train length I'll still end up with an extension box behind the transom to mount the pump ( which is good for the performance I'm shooting for with this setup anyway), but I'll also be using a Honda R12X engine which is a slightly longer 4 cylinder too. Just what I'm running into if it helps.
Good luck and post pics of the progress, I love pics :D
DSR Performance - Home of yet another jet TNT build :D
Codename "Just A Little....."
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29753

Return to “Jet Ski Power”