jet tnt?

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

buccaneer

jet tnt?

Post by buccaneer » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:53 am

Hey, I know this is probably talked about a lot on here, and people are probably sick of it by now, but i have to ask about jet tnt's. Im interested in putting one together and was looking for any info on them: performance, any problems, any modifactions needed to the hull, best engines to use, etc. Any help wpuld be aprreciated.

Scott

Post by Scott » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:24 pm

Hey. I'm interested in building one of those too! I've heard that you may want to keep the cc displacement under 600 though. Most likely because whoever put that 550cc in his did around 60mph. For the engines to use. Kawasaki, and Sea-Doo's. Well if I helped I'm happy. If not well whatever.
Thun.der.bolt
ˈTHəndərˌbōlt

A flash of lightning with a simultaneous crash of thunder.

An ignition system of early Mercury outboards that not only is a nightmare to diagnose but also improves a marine mechanics competency.

terrymc

Post by terrymc » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:27 am

Guys,

There is a ton of stuff here on jets, both tnt and squirts. Just do a search on "jet" and most of it will come up. Look at the recent posts on this (power boats) form under "jet bracket installation - pics" and "tnt jet power test run". There you will find a bundh of pictures of the mechanical details of jet squirts (mine, and Matt Holmes') and a jet tnt (Steve Crawfords). Also, look in "jets in the bullet" under "boat power" and "tnt max HP" and "tnt" in the small outboards category.

TRM

ScottyJ98

Re: jet tnt?

Post by ScottyJ98 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:39 pm

I can tell you from my experiences with my stand up jet skies if you are going with a kawasaki 550 make sure it is a reed motor and not a piston port. The kawasaki 650 is pretty much bullet proof and are relatively cheap to pick up.

steve crawford

Re: jet tnt?

Post by steve crawford » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:53 pm

All I can say is my hull only maxed out at 31mph. with the 550 Kaw. pump and motor. Putting a 650 motor in did not increase the speed.....Personaly it needs the 650 pump.

Return to “Jet Ski Power”