terrymc

Post by terrymc » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:44 pm

Jeff,

Welcome to the INSANE!

Where are you?

TRM

steve crawford

Post by steve crawford » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:06 pm

Welcome to the triles and tribulations of the modified club of infinante varriables.

We need a whole new catagory, topic, or what ever for these kind's of boats,They will try you way beyond the outboards. And the information wouldn't be scattered under different topics. Like we need a jet ski powered forum seperat from "power boats".
Last edited by steve crawford on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:07 pm

Sure you are ...

Denon Osterman

Post by Denon Osterman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:16 pm

Sure you are ...
HA oh i laughed when i saw that...

seriously though, i originally thought the same thing but then went with outboard because i wanted to make all the mistakes on my first boat, and just get it running well(so i used an outboard to make it a lot easier)...and then knowing everything i now do, i can make a bigger/nicer/faster boat...with a small block GM turning an AT jetpump.

is this your first boat?

Denon

p.s. I'm definitely not trying to discourage you...those jet versions are SWEET!

chsmartech

Post by chsmartech » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:23 am

this will actually be my 4th boat but my first power boat

terrymc

Post by terrymc » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:44 am

Jeff,

Steve, Crawford, Matt Holmes, and I are the 3 guys I know of that are currently invovled in jet squirt/tnts. John Gage and Nate Brown have also completed boats, are listed in the projects registry, and are more than willing to send e-mails, pictures, and advice.

The "boat building" part of doing a jet isn't much difference that any other boat - the devil is in the details of engine and drive train mounting. Step 1 is to decide what you will use for a power train. I STRONGLY reccomdend that you get an entire donor jet ski for your project. Most boats are Kawasaki-based, at least in part, although I know of one sea-doo. I used a '87 Kawasaki 550 as the basis for my boat.

Do be advised that this is a LOT of work. You will need to design a bunch of things yourself, and then figure out ways how to get the parts built. It can be a very satisfying (and also very frustrating) process.

Again, where are you located - your avaitar doesn't say...

Peace,

TRM

steve crawford

Post by steve crawford » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:21 pm

Can't forget about Gordon Scrim's Dyno-Jet with a 650 kawasaki.

Before I started mine I down-loaded all the pics. and info I could off this site.

Their used to be more on this powerboat forum but it's all gone .

Anny way go back to old news letters etc. I think this Jet info ought to be under one topic all together. Might stir up some more interest on these ausome smalleys, get away from those( outboard prop-nuts.)

terrymc

Post by terrymc » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:51 am

Yeah, I shouldn't have forgotten Gordon. The Dynojet is DESIGNED for a jet drive, but Gordon went through all the same engine mounting and controls issues that we did...and he is always more than happy to help.

Peace,

TRM

chsmartech

Post by chsmartech » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:45 pm

im located in southern rhode island

marksa1458

Post by marksa1458 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:28 pm

I have been working on a dyno jet as well - you can see some pics at www.geocities.com/marksa1458 - I hope to have a water test before the weather turns cold.....
Both the below websites detail my build progress.

http://dynojet.fateback.com/Index.htm
or
http://www.geocities.com/marksa1458/

Return to “Jet Ski Power”