Twin 650 Square-Toon

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

petersjoe

Twin 650 Square-Toon

Post by petersjoe » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:16 am

So we picked up our '89 650s SX last night. However we contacted the previous owner and he was interested in the build, about putting a jet ski motor into a classic runabout styling. He told us that his buddy just finished a 25' pontoon with square toons with dual 650's. According to him, he has owned a small marina for a years, the square-toon pushes 45mph! Choose your opponent wisely! All he did was graft the hulls of the 650s into each square-toon and off he was. I just thought I needed to share this with the whole one-off crowd. Oh yeah quite a deal we got, 2 skis, trailer, and 3X the extra parts. I mean 3 mufflers, 3 carbs., 3 pipes, gas tank, hundereds of cables, piston and ring set, enough gaskets to open up a shop... Anyway $1500. I thought it was good deal. Patience and perserverance pays off!

chappo1970

Post by chappo1970 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:14 pm

WOW 2 ski's. Sounds like a very good deal. Maybe I should get you to do my negotiations. I am still endlessly searching for my doner ski. Its coming into summer here in Oz and finding good ski's at a decent price is proving difficult. Had I bought in winter I could have saved major bucks!!
"There is nothing that duct tape cannot fix."

steve crawford

Post by steve crawford » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:40 pm

I just got the 14' Jet Cat plans for the mod. catamaran and their is enough room on both runners to fit twin Jet-Ski motors. Just have to give up some seating ,or mount seats over each side with motors under.

I am still using the 50 hp. outboard Yamaha 2stroke with power trim on mine.

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:18 pm

I am searching for a complete jet ski that I can hack up too, still looking.

Steve

Should I order the cat plans? put twin jets in it ??? Shoot-dang

steve crawford

twins in jet cat

Post by steve crawford » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:54 am

Steve hell yeah get the Jet Cat plans and we can get started at the same time. I wonder if 2 motors doubles the speed?

petersjoe

Post by petersjoe » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:17 am

We started ripping into the skis last night, trying to get them running the same and getting the same set ups. We almost had a heart attack. The prior owners plugged the hot air exhaust out put. Not the actual echaust but the black vaccum hose that runs into the bulkhead. The guy who sold us the skis said one ran hot, and he didn't know why. I hope we solved the problem. As we all know there is always something! Im taking both skis out today to beat up on them a little so we will see!

Return to “Jet Ski Power”