Dyno Jet Questions

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

HoosierDaddy

Dyno Jet Questions

Post by HoosierDaddy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:42 pm

Hi guys!

New to this site and I'm full of questions after finding Gordon Scrim's DynoJet construction page.... absolutely beautiful! I've been toying around with the idea of putting one of these boats together with a jet drive set-up. I currently own a 1995 Seadoo XP800 (787cc) that goes like a bat out of hell but the hull is showing stress cracks from slamming the waves and secondly, it's yellow with pink graphics! :oops:
From what I can tell from the Glen-L site, they recommend a jet-ski drivetrain but was wondering if there is enough room to tuck in my goodies in the rear without extending the hull's length (kit info says not to be lengthened). A friend of mine has a Kawi jetski and the difference in craft size is huge!

Anyone have dimensions of the engine compartment, firewall to transom? From what Gordon wrote in his "If I were to do it again" section of his site, he figures he could have tucked in a Subaru engine... neat idea but beyond my budget seeing as I think I have a decent donor craft.

Cheers,
Scott

steve crawford

Post by steve crawford » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:51 am

Can go with a shorter drive shaft. I found the kawasaki pump splines line up with the seado drive shaft.

marksa1458

Post by marksa1458 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:10 am

you have about 41 inches from the transom to the back of the seat in the dyno jet.
Both the below websites detail my build progress.

http://dynojet.fateback.com/Index.htm
or
http://www.geocities.com/marksa1458/

steve crawford

Post by steve crawford » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:37 pm

I've got like 48'' in mine and the pump mounts outside the transome.

Return to “Jet Ski Power”