jet ski dynojet

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

flabio

jet ski dynojet

Postby flabio » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:20 pm

I was wanting to build a small jetski powered boat. I like the appearance of the bullet which is setup for an outboard but the dynojet plans are specific for a jetski motor. I am going to have a guy who rebuids and fixes jet skis in his garage to all the engine work would modifying the bullet be difficult and i was wondering if I could acquire any drawing or plans of a similar boat they have built

terrymc

Postby terrymc » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Flabio,

I did a Squirt powered by a 550 cc Kawasaki. There are sketches of the changes I made in the project registry section of the Glen-L site (under Squirt (with jet) by Terry McIntyre. The also is a pictorial in one of the early Glen-L Webletter (about 3 years ago when I started the boat).

If you are going to got he jet ski power route, you will need to do a lot of "engineering" no matter what you do, because the boat structure has to be matched to the specific power plant you are using. I can give you some sketches, but they are Kawasaki specific. The footprints of the 440 650 and 750 engines are very similar. Early 440 and 550 pumps have a different size that later 650, 750, and 330 equipment. I can't hlep much with equipment from other manufacturers.

Peace,

TRM

tgordon

Re: Squirt Jet Boat- I NEED YOUR HELP & ADVISE

Postby tgordon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:38 pm

I am new to these forums, never did it before. So, I don't know if I'm doing this right or not, we will see. My question is that I want to build a Squirt jet boar just like Terry McIntyre did and Dave Streeter's. I ordered the patterns and plans but need help bad with this to ask what they did and expirenced in this build. I have so many questions on their builds so I can do one without suprises. I just need advise from someone who has gone through this. This will be my first build so a lot of advise is needed, PLEASE!!! Thank You.

NEWBIE THAT DOESN'T WANT TO BE!!! Tim
terrymc wrote:Flabio,

I did a Squirt powered by a 550 cc Kawasaki. There are sketches of the changes I made in the project registry section of the Glen-L site (under Squirt (with jet) by Terry McIntyre. The also is a pictorial in one of the early Glen-L Webletter (about 3 years ago when I started the boat).

If you are going to got he jet ski power route, you will need to do a lot of "engineering" no matter what you do, because the boat structure has to be matched to the specific power plant you are using. I can give you some sketches, but they are Kawasaki specific. The footprints of the 440 650 and 750 engines are very similar. Early 440 and 550 pumps have a different size that later 650, 750, and 330 equipment. I can't hlep much with equipment from other manufacturers.

Peace,

TRM

Return to “Jet Ski Power”