Dynojet boat

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

flabio

Dynojet boat

Post by flabio » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:10 pm

I am thinking of building a Dynojet over the winter and was wondering if you could use a Rotax motor out of sea doo boat I found one on craigslist and wasnt sure if it would work some I am checking before buying the motor and jet

marksa1458

Post by marksa1458 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:39 am

You can use any powerplant from any jetski. You will just need to incorporate the specific design into your hull. Currently, there is not a lot of advice/guidance on this forum about powerplants from SeaDoos, Yamaha's or Polaris jetskis.

Kawasaki's have been the most commonly used, so there is a lot of advice/guidance with the kawasaki setup. Probably, becuase of their abundance on the market and availability of parts. I used a 650cc Kawasaki Engine from a Kawasaki x2 and a driveshaft from a Kawasaki TS. I would have to dig up of the exact number, but using the shorter driveshaft (which has the same coupler and spline as Kawasaki x2) I was able to save about 11" of length.

Take a look at the below pics for an idea:

Both the below websites detail my build progress.

http://dynojet.fateback.com/Index.htm
or
http://www.geocities.com/marksa1458/

seraulu1

Re: Dynojet boat

Post by seraulu1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:49 am

marksa1458 wrote:You can use any powerplant from any jetski. You will just need to incorporate the specific design into your hull. Currently, there is not a lot of advice/guidance on this forum about powerplants from SeaDoos, Yamaha's or Polaris jetskis.

Kawasaki's have been the most commonly used, so there is a lot of advice/guidance with the kawasaki setup. Probably, becuase of their abundance on the market and availability of parts. I used a 650cc Kawasaki Engine from a Kawasaki x2 and a driveshaft from a Kawasaki TS. I would have to dig up of the exact number, but using the shorter driveshaft (which has the same coupler and spline as Kawasaki x2) I was able to save about 11" of length.

Take a look at the below pics for an idea:

Wow these is nice!!!

Return to “Jet Ski Power”