Dyno Jet

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

slociviccoupe

Re: Dyno Jet

Post by slociviccoupe » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:29 pm

I know, but I only have room for one boat, and a 12' boat is it. Hopefully I don't want another, my dad on the other hand will probably want his own. Or for me to fix one of the jet ski's in the back yard.

Caber-Feidh

Post by Caber-Feidh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:16 pm

upspirate wrote:Wait til you build one....then the build another addiction sets in!!! :roll: :shock: :wink: :lol:

I think the word you were looking for is "insanity". :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Some plan to stroll through Saint Peter's Gates, I plan to go through them at 150mph... backwards... in a screaming ball of flame, with a glimmer belt wrapped around my head, and a NOx button in my hand.

slociviccoupe

Post by slociviccoupe » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:39 am

well plans have changed. for the good. Will be using the yamaha mr-1 4 cylinder 4 stroke engine out of a fx140 jet ski. Engine has around 140hp stock. The engine is seized and will need the head rebuilt as well as cylinders bored, replated and overbore pistons. Im going 4 stroke beacuse i can just put gas in it and go. no oil or premix. Also going yamaha 4 stroke for reliability. the seadoo 951 engine is not too reliable. And not too fond of rebuilding the top end every 100 hours.
So the 4 stroke engine will being bored from 74mm to 77mm. with the stock stroke and the larger bore I will end up with 1080cc. Along with the larger bore I will be gaining compression from the stock 11.9:1 to the new 12.1:1 with the new wiseco pistons. The head will also be getting the casting lines in the ports smoothed out and blended. Minor combustion chamber work. and smoothing of the bowls where the valve seats meet the port. Another reason for going 4 stroke instead of seadoo power is the 4 stroke was free with the pump and all the electronics. I got everything but the jet ski hull.
Hopefully with the little modifications done while rebuilding the engine will yeild a reliable 180hp.
Turning a 155mm pump.

Return to “Jet Ski Power”