Gathering 2010: What Boats Are Coming To G4(Comments)

thudpucker

Re: Gathering 2010: What Boats Are Coming To G4(Comments)

Postby thudpucker » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:41 am

v-driver wrote:
thudpucker wrote:I wont bring my nasty little Tin boat if there's going to be another Row boat there that I can take some young guys out for the Cat fish Trot line experience.
Or maybe some guy will take us all out in his Wood boat?

Thud,
Does it count if I pick up the fish that float to the surface after I make a pass? The thunder and vibration should earn my Tornado a new moniker: "Fish Killer"

:lol: you'll be way past us when the Fish come up. Enjoing your "Vibrator" as you Troll for companions :lol:

kens

Postby kens » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Who knows if Hales Bar has internet access? Printer access?
I am losing my job and need to track my resume and job offers.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:41 pm

kens wrote:Who knows if Hales Bar has internet access? Printer access?
I am losing my job and need to track my resume and job offers.

KEN????????????
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:46 am

After much head scratching and angst we sadly admit that the skiff will not be at this years Gathering....we tried, but it's just not road worthy yet, and too many other loose ends to fulfill to get it and the trailer ready.

Like Debbie said, it's getting to the point that the build is not fun anymore,we are making mistakes by hurrying to get it ready,and we are cramming too much into to short a time. What was a fun endeavorer has turned into a chore.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:13 pm

upspirate wrote:After much head scratching and angst we sadly admit that the skiff will not be at this years Gathering....we tried, but it's just not road worthy yet, and too many other loose ends to fulfill to get it and the trailer ready.

Like Debbie said, it's getting to the point that the build is not fun anymore,we are making mistakes by hurrying to get it ready,and we are cramming too much into to short a time. What was a fun endeavorer has turned into a chore.

I think everyone will still enjoy your companionship and the music and laughter that both you and Debbie brings to the party, I think. :wink: :P Maybe you can get Dave to bring the kayak for you to enjoy with your money cup of Java. He shouldn't have to carry it hanging out of the truck this time. He can just put some life preservers and some of his cushions on top of the deck of his boat and strap it down with some cargo straps and it should ride just fine since its a bit shorter than his trailer boat.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Warren

We'll have 2 boats and a set of oars! If you get up in time to use it :!: :lol: :wink: :roll:

Bill
Warren,
I like sleeping too. You can use my boat whenever you rise and shine as long as you aren't in a hurry to be somewhere.
Lola
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks everyone....I was pretty down about it yesterday,but y'all are great!

Return to “Gathering 2010”