Gathering 2010: What Boats Are Coming To G4(Comments)

Bill Edmundson

Re: Gathering 2010: What Boats Are Coming To G4(Comments)

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Dave!

This is not the FOOD column! Besides :!: Gertrude makes a MESS out of cats :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:26 pm

Bill Edmundson wrote:Dave!

This is not the FOOD column! Besides :!: Gertrude makes a MESS out of cats :!:

Bill

Not the "cats" I shoot. Have you never had catburger? Oh, my!!!!!!!
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Its starting to sound like the food will be the Cats Meow of the weekend.

John B

Postby John B » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:29 am

DaveLott wrote:

Cats = target practice!

Ooooooh, K.T.P. (kitty target practice), I LIKE it!

"Pull!"
"Meoooooooooow......"
Rick-Rack! KaPOW!!!
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

S.D.G.

Postby S.D.G. » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:47 pm

We are local to the area being in North Chattanooga, Soddy Daisy area. Heard my good friend will be there for 3 days , so we can trailer over Thursday noon.
Mrs S. said she will donate some city Aquarium passes & some IMAX theater tickets. A new youth Fly rod is also for the raffle / gift table . I have access to some church folding plastic tables also , like some mentioned.

.Will trl a vintage / modified 16' skiff , & Merc Mk 25 tiller. Good for photographer boat & fishing also. Small craft (Kayak) assist upstream .?..
Mrs S. should also bring a 2nd music Dulcimer if someone from out of state also wishes to play some Bluegrass.

... If someone is driving down from the north (Dayton , Tn via rt #27) Wednesday pm possible to visit / lay-over here & go to marina Thurs am ..?
SPLIT ( Larry)
..Chattanooga Tenn river Gorge area.
......... http://www.SplitDeckGuideboats.webs.com

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:12 pm

S.D.G. wrote:We are local to the area being in North Chattanooga, Soddy Daisy area. Heard my good friend will be there for 3 days , so we can trailer over Thursday noon.
Mrs S. said she will donate some city Aquarium passes & some IMAX theater tickets. A new youth Fly rod is also for the raffle / gift table . I have access to some church folding plastic tables also , like some mentioned.

.Will trl a vintage / modified 16' skiff , & Merc Mk 25 tiller. Good for photographer boat & fishing also. Small craft (Kayak) assist upstream .?..
Mrs S. should also bring a 2nd music Dulcimer if someone from out of state also wishes to play some Bluegrass.

... If someone is driving down from the north (Dayton , Tn via rt #27) Wednesday pm possible to visit / lay-over here & go to marina Thurs am ..?
SPLIT ( Larry)

Great to have you

Please send me a PM with your full names and contact info so I can put you on the list. I was thinking about that Aquarium the other day and thought it would be a good site to see on one of the day runs

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:30 pm

That's absolutely a great Aquarium. Well worth bidding on those tickets.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:27 pm

S.G.D.

Welcome! As always! This is coming together!

Nickajack may not be everything we have had in the past. But, we will make this happen :!: It does have somethings we didn't have.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

terrymc

Postby terrymc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:53 pm

All,

Just confirming that I still do plan on comming and bringing the jet squirt. I've got a hotel at the Faifield Inn on I-24. Anybody else staying there?

We are off to hawaii tomorrow morning, and fly from there to Columbus, Ohio (where the boat lives) a week from Thursday. I'll be leaving Columbus first thing Friday morning, so I expect to arrive late afternoon/early eveing. If I get in a a reasonable time I'll swing by Friday night, otherwise I'll see y'all Saturday morning.

The Squirt may be a bit the worst for wear. Evidently, my duaghter was towing it home from the lake last weekend, and somehow the engine hatch was not latched. She hit a bump, the hatch bounced up, got wind under it, and tore completely off the boat and ended up bouncing down Interstate 71! They did pick the hatch up off the highway (Thank God it didn't hit anybody!). Paula didn't send any pictures, so I'm expecting the boat is OK, but the hatch is probably a mess. My son told me he would see what he could do with it this weekend and next, and Matt is pretty handy...Oh well, better to show off my handiwork in the engine compartment, I guess.

Peace,

TRM

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:04 pm

terrymc wrote: and tore completely off the boat
TRM

Sorry to hear about that...

With the damage here, the inboards that hit stuff, one other I think I remember recently, and mine, we could have a "repaired/repairable" area on Saturday. :D

(I can actually start to smile as today the hole in my hull was officially patched...still have to glass, fair, and paint tho...and I'm leaving Sat the 18th to get some run time in before the start)

I hope the rest of you with damage get ready in time...and hopefully everyone's boats will make it in one piece. Wasn't it Dale from Indy's that got wrecked just outside the park the first year?
Last edited by Bob Maskel on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Terry

Come on DOWN! People don't want to raise the hood on someone else's boat. Even if it is OK. You may not have that problem. :wink:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Butch Barto

Postby Butch Barto » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:49 pm

INNOCENCE in coming BEER dents and all

Dwain the ski king

Postby Dwain the ski king » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Ski King will be there, but maybe the CIRCE II junior won't be.....it had a rough trip 2 yrs. ago on the airplane (going thru baggage check)....And I've been too lazy to fix it up....Dwain, The SKI KING.......

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:02 am

I wont bring my nasty little Tin boat if there's going to be another Row boat there that I can take some young guys out for the Cat fish Trot line experience.
Or maybe some guy will take us all out in his Wood boat?

v-driver

Postby v-driver » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:08 am

thudpucker wrote:I wont bring my nasty little Tin boat if there's going to be another Row boat there that I can take some young guys out for the Cat fish Trot line experience.
Or maybe some guy will take us all out in his Wood boat?

Thud,
Does it count if I pick up the fish that float to the surface after I make a pass? The thunder and vibration should earn my Tornado a new moniker: "Fish Killer"
Paul Miller in Memphis, TN
"Yeah, I had lunch with him last week at the Cracker Barrel out on I-40."

Return to “Gathering 2010”