Idea for Gathering 4 - 2010

upspirate

Re: Idea for Gathering 4 - 2010

Postby upspirate » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:56 am

kens wrote:With all the connections John has to the company Vice President, Sr. Architect, shop Foreman, technical data, and so forth, I woulda thought he would bring the pièce de résistance to inspire the rest of us! :D :D

He does....Gayle!!!LOL

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:27 am

upspirate wrote:
kens wrote:With all the connections John has to the company Vice President, Sr. Architect, shop Foreman, technical data, and so forth, I woulda thought he would bring the pièce de résistance to inspire the rest of us! :D :D

He does....Gayle!!!LOL

Ouch, gottum right between the eyes. :wink: 8)

Lola

Postby Lola » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:41 am

Really Hot! That one idea for the gathering has generated much response! We need another idea. How about activities for children? I was toying with the idea of a scavenger hunt involving items to be collected from members based on where they are from e.g., Bill and I could have cotton, anyone from Ohio a buckeye and so forth. If anyone has ideas for awards, please submit them to me in a private msg. That will really help. We only have a couple of hours to come up with and make all the certificates and the more we have the more fun it is for everyone.
Seriously Gayle...you do need to make that test pilot card!
Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind.

Fabricflyer

Postby Fabricflyer » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:51 pm

Lola,

I could bring my Cornhole boards. The kids could play, as well as adults, if things got slow. Just say the word.

Allen

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:55 am

Hi Lola.

I just bought a pound or so of "maple leaf-shaped maple syrup candies" from Canada. We can use those for a scavenger hunt, if you want. (I also bought several bottles of a nice vintage Niagara Ice Wine, but I think we'll save that for the grown-ups)
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

jamundsen

Postby jamundsen » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:52 am

Grownups are coming? And I thought boat builders were all juveniles.
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

kens

Postby kens » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Scavenger hunt........I like it. We can throw away all out unused, wasted, unneeded boat widgets, and let the kids find the crap. Make up a prize for the kid that gives the most crap to his dad!!! :lol: :D
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Return to “Gathering 2010”